Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm trying so hard to take back my life from my lymphoma fears  (Read 306 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm trying so hard to take back my life from my lymphoma fears
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »
My lymphoma fears have caused me so much wasted time and worry over the years. Lately I have been fresking out over some groin lymph nodes I can feel. There's one that feels bigger and has me stressed out. I am 31 weeks pregnant with twin girls and I think the pain and stress I have on my body during this late part of my pregnancy has my anxiety amped up. I feel my groin nodes constantly and can't keep my hands off. I see my OB doctor once a week now and I keep trying to tell myself that if I had lynphoma, something would be suspicious by now. I've had cbc's, ultrasounds, etc and all is good. I always hear that blood work can be normal with lymphoma so that doesn't ease my mind much. Someone responded on here to me once that their GP told them that if they had lymphoma while pregnant, that they would be very sick because that would be so much going on in their body at once. I hope that's true...could really use some reassurance right now....
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm trying so hard to take back my life from my lymphoma fears
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
I dealt with lymphoma fears for a long time and still do to some extent.  You would not be seeing a doctor every week and not have them notice if something was seriously wrong.  And as we all know by now, constantly checking lymph nodes encourages them to swell...which makes you check more...and it keeps going.  I know it's hard, but try to at least limit your checking! 

Congratulations on your little girls!  Can't believe they're almost here...I HAVE been away for a while! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
Thanks mollyfin, your post is reassuring :) I know I am aggravating my nodes from touching them so much. I don't even know for sure if everything I am feeling are lymph nodes or something else, I just feel a lot of lumpy structures. I do worry that my HA will only get worse after my girls are born.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
what are you doing about your fears?  Other than going to the doc for reassurence?  Ate you seeing a psycologist or something like that?  I would hate for you to miss out on the first months with you babies because of the anxiety because it not going to magically go away, and reassurence from a doctor is not going to cut it... trust me I have been there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »
I'm not currently going to a psychologist but I'm sure it would benefit me. Some days I barely think about my lymphoma fear at all and some days it is the only thing I can think of. The nodes in my groin are always in the back of my mind. The "what ifs" drive me crazy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 04:09:40 PM »
Hi Brooke,
Wow I can't believe that you are already 31 weeks along. Such an exciting time. I understand how hard it is to kick this fear. I think it's too hard to do without help. Talking with a therapist would help you so much. Let me tell you that being a mother brings with it so much anxiety of it's own, that I would hate to see you drowning in it like I did.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Tags: