Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: right side of face is sensitive to touch  (Read 429 times)

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
right side of face is sensitive to touch
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »
So this morning when i was brushing my teeth, i felt pain on my gums on the right side of my face. When i looked in the mirror, my gums had a scabby like spots and it was swollen. I dont know why this would happen since i dont brush that hard and i got my teeth cleaned last month. Anyways, after a few hours i noticed that my right side of the face felt sensitive whenever i touch it. Like there would be slight pain if i just touched my skin. I dont know if it is caused by my swollen gum or not
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: right side of face is sensitive to touch
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:08 AM »
I have spoken to my dentist and my son's dentist about things like this on the gums and I have been assured that they are normal.  Sometimes the gums get these sores as a response to some type of irritation.  It may not be brushing.  It could have been from a piece of food or something as well.  These sores can be very painful and not uncommon for them to radiate pain into the surrounding areas.  I would not be concerned.  If it does not heal in a week or so then I would go see the dentist to have it checked out.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.