Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: right side of face is sensitive to touch  (Read 175 times)

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
right side of face is sensitive to touch
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »
So this morning when i was brushing my teeth, i felt pain on my gums on the right side of my face. When i looked in the mirror, my gums had a scabby like spots and it was swollen. I dont know why this would happen since i dont brush that hard and i got my teeth cleaned last month. Anyways, after a few hours i noticed that my right side of the face felt sensitive whenever i touch it. Like there would be slight pain if i just touched my skin. I dont know if it is caused by my swollen gum or not
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: right side of face is sensitive to touch
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:08 AM »
I have spoken to my dentist and my son's dentist about things like this on the gums and I have been assured that they are normal.  Sometimes the gums get these sores as a response to some type of irritation.  It may not be brushing.  It could have been from a piece of food or something as well.  These sores can be very painful and not uncommon for them to radiate pain into the surrounding areas.  I would not be concerned.  If it does not heal in a week or so then I would go see the dentist to have it checked out.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: