Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gerd/heart attack pressure in chest and stomach  (Read 223 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gerd/heart attack pressure in chest and stomach
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »
More and more often throughout the day I get these periods of horrible pressure in my upper stomach or chest. It feels like a giant balloon is being blown up inside of me and I have trouble breathing. I feel like I have to burp really bad, but I can't, and when I do burp, it doesn't help.  I'm scared that it's my heart, especially since it's intermittent and each episode lasts about 30 min. I'm trying to convince mysel that it's gerd, but there's no pattern related to eating. And I'm taking Prilosec and Pepcid, and have been for over 2 weeks, so I feel like that would control any gerd problems.

It's so uncomfortable and makes me want to head to the ER so badly. I want to believe that it's gerd but my stupid brain is still worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gerd/heart attack pressure in chest and stomach
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
So sorry to hear you are feeling crummy!  I've had this happen before and find that when I walk around when it's coming on, it doesn't last as long and the burp seems to come a little sooner.  Is the pain just in your chest or does it radiate to your back as well?  What you are feeling could also be trapped air....those of us that suffer from anxiety tend to breath  bit different when we are anxious or panicky and that increased air could be causing you issues.  Do you have another doctor appointment set up?  If so, let them know the meds don't seem to be working and perhaps they can switch you to something else.  Good luck to you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gerd/heart attack pressure in chest and stomach
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
I just got over a spell of this - I went on a bland diet for a week or so and things cleared up.   Also I find just a gas pill (the kind that are just peppermint oil) and a wal mart generic Zantac (Ranitidine- an acid reducer, not a PPI like Prilosec- ) will knock the burping spells out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: