Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lump in throat when swallowing  (Read 280 times)

Offline ken46

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Lump in throat when swallowing
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've been here on anxiety zone. I Have been having some problems that have lasted for the last couple of weeks and really need some help due to my health anxiety going through the roof. It all started a couple weeks ago when I noticed that both of my lymph nodes under my chin were swollen and I had pain and pressure in my right ear. So I went to the doctor to see what it was and he prescribed me some antibiotics and said that my lymph nodes had some kind of bacteria infection and from them being swollen they were putting presser up against my ears making the sharp pain in the ear. I took the antibiotics for 7 days and noticed that my lymph nodes had reduced in size quite a bit which was great! Then I noticed that I had some pressure in the lower part of my eardrum coming from my left ear now. Shortly after that I started to feel like there was a lump in my throat every time I would swallow. Now the pressure in my ear has gone away but yet I still feel a lump in my throat like something is stuck in there like a chicken bone on the left side every time I swallow. I had my tonsils removed when I was 16 so I'm not sure what could be left in my throat that could be causing this. It has been going on three days now and it still has not subsided. I am a 32 year old male that is pretty healthy and works out regularly and a non-smoker. I am trying to get into an ENT doctor to go and see what this problem could be. I have pretty bad allergies that last year-round now which I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I am just so scared of my main fear that this is cancer. When things like this happen to you and you have anxiety especially when you're a hypochondriac it takes over your whole life because all you could do is think about it. If anyone knows what this could be please help me out. Thanks in advance!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump in throat when swallowing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:36:47 PM »
Hey, I had this for months a while back! I would wake up at night and have a lump in the throat when swallowing! It was awful. I was sure I had a tumor in my throat. It came and went. One day, after eating out lunch with the extended fam, I went and took a bath. All of a sudden, while lying in the bath, my throat felt like there was an actual golf ball in it. It made a weird double. Click noise when I swallowed. I demonstrated to my hub and he also thought it was very odd. I ran to urgent care, but after two hours, it had stopped. Saw an ENT soon after who quickly and easily diagnosed me with GERD. That can be treated with meds. Much better than the throat cancer I was scared of. After I knew what the issue was, the lump feeling went away for good!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: