Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: About high blood pressure  (Read 165 times)

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
About high blood pressure
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:29 AM »
So, went to the doctors (again) today as it was a checkup on how my anxiety was doing, spotting periods, etc. I had a lot of questions and she put my mind at rest in which after I asked about going back on the pill again. I am normally on microgynon 30, so the combined pill. Normally, my blood pressure is fine. I have been prescribed the pill before and the last time I used it was 6 months ago. Anyway, went back in today to go back on it as I am leaving the country to see my bf who lives in the states. She had to do routine checks in which she checked my blood pressure. She checked it 2 times which made me a little anxious as to why she needed to do it twice. She then examined my right arm which apparently was showing normal pressure. She then told me my blood pressure was HIGH at 157 over something I don't know but even still... 157?!

About a month and a half ago, I had a paramedic do the ECG as I thought I was having a panic attack at work and the readings were 122/78. Why are my readings so high now and better yet, WHY am I experiencing such a high difference between both my arms?!

My doctor assumed it was due to me being stressed but I highly doubt that is the case. I seemed very calm and collected when she measured my BP up until she measured it again. I've been reading up that this difference in measurements is no laughing matter and I could have some circulatory problems and maybe even heart disease.
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
Re: About high blood pressure
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »
That's your mistake .... "reading up".   Now your doctor SAW this descrepency and did she SAY anything about it?  If she thought it was problematic she would have said something and probably ordered some sort of test.

And you may FEEL calm, but internally you are not.  I monitor my BP at home and sometimes I feel SO good and I'm even tired and I think, "Ah, I'll take my blood pressure and it will be really good!"   Once in that situation you know what it was???   192/109!!!  (the day before it was 130/75)  Blood pressure fluctuates ALL the time.  Needless to say I freaked out and was taking it every 5 minutes because I was afraid to go to bed!   Then for the entire next week it was about 155/90, then it just fell back to normal.   Blood pressure doesn't do a sharp rise if you are getting high blood pressure, it's a gradual climb over years.  Also, if you have any kind of virus in your body that it is fighting off (you may not even be aware that your white blood cells kicked up and are fighting off an enemy - it's only if they LOSE that you end up sick)  Your blood pressure will go up to help that process along.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
I'm sick with a stinky cold and sore throat. Nose constantly runs and now my nose hurts! Boo.

I just don't know... the first measurement she made was high though. Then she checked my right which was normal, and then again my left. The measurement in the middle was showing the LOW blood pressure not the high. She was also using a manual BP not an electronic one if that makes any difference?

The paramedic who did my blood pressure over a month ago used an electronic one, so idk. I'm going back tomorrow to see another doctor in the practice to get the progestogen only pill since my doctor today, who checked out my BP was too worried to give me my normal microgynon 30 pill (the combined) as I have BP and I am now a little "overweight" in terms of my height and weight.

Fingers crossed my BP balances out and if I DO have high blood pressure then I'm going to try my absolute hardest to bring it down. Now I'm going to constantly think I'm going to get diabetes. D:
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
My blood pressure has always been low even during pregnancies and highly stressful times. (110/70)  Back in October, I went into the doctor for something and my blood pressure was 126 over something.  That sort of caught me off guard. 

Then last week I went into the doctor's office again for something else and my blood pressure was 130 over 84!  That really alarmed me.  I mentioned to my doctor that my blood pressure seemed to be slowly creeping up and she didn't even bat an eye about it.  She said it was fine, really.  Well, not fine for me. 

I was sick at the time but still.  I am pretty sedentary as far as exercise is concerned so I think I need to start moving. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: