Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: i'm going to brake free of this anxiety somehow  (Read 121 times)

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i'm going to brake free of this anxiety somehow
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
When we get the colonoscopy done if it turns out clear then I am going to get out this anxiety.
I can't go the rest of my life like this.

Excuse me for a moment while I try to reassure my self.

The CDC says that in the US about 45 people out of 100,000 a year will get colon cancer.

In the county that I live in in NC USA there are just under 50,000 people.
I know that 50,000 is not a lot of people but when I drive around the county and see all of the homes or go down town and see the traffic 50,000 people seem like a lot.

If I go with the CDC stats and say that out of all of people in my county 22 will get it.
Then add the fact that most people that get it are above age 65 then the odds of me having it are very slim.

I live on short road and on my road there are 22 houses. In most of those houses there are at least 2 adults above their 30's.
So you could say that just half of the amount of people just right here on my road would be the only ones in my whole county that would get it.

I was thinking a little while ago that I have never personally known anyone that had colon cancer.
I asked my wife did she ever know anyone that had it and she said no.
Her mother is 87 years old and gets her colonoscopy on on schedule and she has never even had a polyp.
I have great aunts and uncles that are in their 80's and 90's that are still living well and no colon cancer.

I know that some people under the age of 50 gets it but I don't the numbers are all that high.
So I just don't think I have it. At least that's what one side of my mind tells me.

Anyway like I said if it turns out clean then somehow someway I am going to brake free of this anxiety.
I refuse to live my life like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: i'm going to brake free of this anxiety somehow
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:45 AM »
Stay strong man. Get through that test, prove your mind wrong.

And that's something to go off of. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »
Your math may be right but your logic is wrong.  I know you're trying to identify your risks but you can't take figures like 45 people out of 100,000 then attempt to narrow them down within your own personal demographic to identify who will or won't get some disease.  If you could do that they would simply do it via computer then knock on your door one day and say "We're here to treat you for cancer."

Good luck with your colonoscopy.  Let us know how you make out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
Whether you're worried about cancer or not, medical tests can make you anxious. Don't worry about statistics. Get through the test and start working on your anxiety.

I had one a year and a half ago. I had diarrhea, blood on the toilet paper, and cramps. The doctor found nothing. No polyps, no colitis, no diverticulosis and diagnosed me with IBS.

Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
Your math may be right but your logic is wrong.  I know you're trying to identify your risks but you can't take figures like 45 people out of 100,000 then attempt to narrow them down within your own personal demographic to identify who will or won't get some disease.  If you could do that they would simply do it via computer then knock on your door one day and say "We're here to treat you for cancer."

Good luck with your colonoscopy.  Let us know how you make out.

No what I was trying to do was to show that comapared to the amount of people in my area the chances that I have it is low.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: