Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Member-anxiety attack while driving today... :-(  (Read 150 times)

Offline JT

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Member-anxiety attack while driving today... :-(
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »
Greetings,
I'm new here.  Suffered a major anxiety attack while driving today.  Scared me so bad! I'm experiencing anxiety due to the death of my Mother in 2011.  Haven't have a big one like today in quite some time.  Did not understand the physical effects of grief...has taken a toll on me mentally as well.  Just want to connect with others who may have similar experiences...I'm ready to be well again. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. 
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Member-anxiety attack while driving today... :-(
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline hopeful78

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • www.everylastbreath.com
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
Driving attacks suck because you're always scared you could crash. But you didn't. The best thing about it is that you can pull over. Still tough, but you don't want the driving to become a phobia. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother...I can't imagine losing mine but it's something I think about. What are you anxious over--like, what's the core feeling. Are you feeling alone?
Bookmark and Share
www.everylastbreath.com::A blog about life, panic and purpose.

Offline JT

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
I'm not really feeling alone, feeling a bit overwhelmed more than anything.  Not only did I suffer the loss of my Mom, but I also got divorced a few months after that.  I'm a single parent, but have major support from my village (family) as we truly believe in the idea that it takes a village to raise a child.  :-)  My daughter is 6 yrs old and whenever she experiences different milestones, I always think about how much my Mom would enjoy seeing her grow.  I've also been in a long-term relationship with a really wonderful man who not only loves me, but adores my daughter as well.  I do experience anxiety about our relationship as he is not in the best postion, financially, and we both want to take our relationship to the next level, but...finances play a huge part.  Soooo, I believe I know the root of the anxiety, but my challenge is how to deal with it without freaking out... :-\  After my mom died, I was prescribed Lexapro, but only took it for a few months.  I really didn't like the way it made me feel.  My Dad suggested that maybe I want to speak with my doctor about a different med to deal with this.  Sounds weird, but I really want to deal with this naturally, with as little medication as possible.    :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline hopeful78

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • www.everylastbreath.com
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »
I totally get not wanting to go the med route. I think you have to decide what you're willing to deal with. If you're adamant about meds, you should try therapy. And if nothing is working, meds may just be the answer that you don't want to hear.  The more we avoid meds, though, we perpetuate the stigma about meds for mental health.

Wishing you healing:)
Bookmark and Share
www.everylastbreath.com::A blog about life, panic and purpose.

Tags: