Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help! Anxiety over child!  (Read 135 times)

Offline Chesneym19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help! Anxiety over child!
« on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »
I have recently been coping with an ALS fears and have worked thru them after a year.

Unfortunately my obsessive thoughts have returned only worse and more debilitating then ever. My worried have moved on to me obsessing over my almost three year old tht he could have cancer. I pray each night that my fears return over myself and not him I hāvent slept or ate in 5 days. I'm paralyzed with fear.

The symptoms that started this was he said his knee hurt and then ran off to play on his bike he has even fine but i googled causes and many scary things came up.

Which led me to websites where I read story after story it won't leave my mind. I now am tryin to take his temp constantly and evaluating his every move. I feel in the edge and that I will snap at any moment.

He's been perfectly fine except today he seemed a but warm.. Does anyone share these fears or know how to cope!
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! Anxiety over child!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »
Is he limping?  Does it still hurt?  Sometimes a kid will have an itch and say it "hurts", it may mean absolutely nothing at all, in fact I know it doesn't.  Even if his knee DID hurt for a while, he's a 3 year old boy, he will be bumping and bruising himself more and more as he gets older.  Why would you even think that is cancer?  Please don't google, I have almost destroyed my sanity with that.   And don't let him know that you are concerned or worried about anything because you will pass that on to him (I know, I made my daughter a neurotic and now I can't "walk it back")

If he is warm it could be a little cold coming on, or a little winter virus, nothing to be concerned about at all.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: