Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hypnogia reduced, but now sleeping problem  (Read 81 times)

Offline Tobias

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hypnogia reduced, but now sleeping problem
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
I started noticing hypnogogia as I was on the verge of sleep 2 months ago. It freaked me as I could not make sense of the incomplete words or incomplete semi dreams I got in that state.

Reading about it eased my mind some. I sort of accept it now and it's occurrence is maybe 50% less than it was.

However, I have gotten into the habit of my mind racing at night from the hynogogia experience. Now I am focused on not being able to get to sleep and worried about that.

It takes me an hour to fall asleep and then it's like I am waking up all night long. Though the night goes quickly and last night I thought I'd been awake since 9, when I went to bed, and guessed it was 11 or 12. It was actually 3AM. So I may be getting some sleep and I am having dreams so I must be.

The weird thing is I get up not tired or sleepy. I'm not yawning midday or anything like that.

It's like I go to bed at 10 and get up at 6AM. Thinking I haven't slept but maybe I have some as I'm not tired or sleepy during the day.

Can you wake up a lot during the night and still be getting a fair amount of sleep? I don't want to turn this into another GAD and become a huge focus for me.

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hypnogia reduced, but now sleeping problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:40:41 AM »
I go to bed at 10 as well and do be up around 6 in the morning. I know I wake a few times during the night. But I am never tired. Always ready for the day ahead. So we can get enough sleep in those hours that we do sleep. You can still wake up feeling refreshed. I always have a radio on. Just the think for me to focus on and drift off to sleep listening to. Turn it off when I wake up during the night and I am straight back to sleep again. So I do believe you are getting enough sleep. If not you would be tired and feel like doing nothing at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Tobias

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hypnogia reduced, but now sleeping problem
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »
I go to bed at 10 as well and do be up around 6 in the morning. I know I wake a few times during the night. But I am never tired. Always ready for the day ahead. So we can get enough sleep in those hours that we do sleep. You can still wake up feeling refreshed. I always have a radio on. Just the think for me to focus on and drift off to sleep listening to. Turn it off when I wake up during the night and I am straight back to sleep again. So I do believe you are getting enough sleep. If not you would be tired and feel like doing nothing at all.

When I was fixated on the hynagogia, I'd try not to think when going to sleep. I was hard to do. I'd keep drifiting inot an hynogic state, back out and try not to think again.

I'm less focused on the hypnagogai now but I may have trained myself to monitor my thoughts when falling asleep and that is sort of what is causing me to keep waking up.

I hope I'm getting enough REM sleep and like I said I wake up not tired and never get sleepy during the day. So I may be getting more sleep than I think.

I've always had a hard time falling asleep (too hyper I guess) and it'd take me an hour or so. But then I'd sleep well and maybe wake up once or twice during the night. The GAD/hynagogia sort of messed that pattern up.

It's funny, at times I've put on talk radio as I went to sleep on weekends because I like the local host. Suddenly I'd wake up and the program was about over. Going to have to try that again for a while and test it out as it seems I fell asleep more quickly/easily with the radio on.

My brother and sister in law have the TV going at low volume all night. They say it makes it easier for them to sleep. I always thought that was silly but maybe not.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: