Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Cant stop worrying!

Offline qxeenb

• Personal text
Cant stop worrying!
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
I can't stop feeling anxious.. im constantly worried about my heart or my stomach.. I'm 13 and I tried to tell my mom but she didn't believe me.. I have a physical in march, but I'm always feeling anxious for no reason.. it scares me, please help what can i do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SnowBunny54

• Personal text
Re: Cant stop worrying!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
Just realx you're 13 you have your whole life ahead of you...trust me...You don't want this to turn into something else! :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:23:57 PM »
Hi qxeenb, whenever you have an  anxious thought about you heart or stomach recognize the thought, then put it out of your mind as soon as possible. When you recognize the thought as an anxious thought tell yourself, 'this is just a thought, there actually is nothing wrong with my heart or stomach', and move on to something else.

I think it is important  to let these kind of thoughts go quickly, don't entertain the 'what if' something is wrong for any length of time, just put it out of your head so that you don't get into the habit of thinking and brooding.

Take care! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline SummerSun41

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
What makes you worried about your heart or stomach? Think about it rationally- if one thing was wrong, you'd have some very serious health issues and you wouldn't be able to live a normal life. When you start worrying, remind yourself that it's just a little "anxiety monster" trying to scare you and shoo him away like a fly! You are SO young- go out and enjoy your life! Think about your own personal "happy place" and be grateful for all your blessings. Like I said- I'm sure you're fine. Put your worries to bed and think about all the positives in your life!
Bookmark and Share