Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Still having daily headaches :(  (Read 235 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Still having daily headaches :(
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »
So these headaches are pressure-like, not really painful.  They go across my nose and to the top of my head.  Sometimes it feels like someone put a brick inside my skull!

They feel the best when I lay down to rest, first wake up in the morning, or if I'm active (out with friends, shopping, etc.)-thinking it's because I'm NOT thinking about head issues at those times.

My family thinks its tension related (stay at home mom to first time baby), but I don't FEEL tense or stressed.  When baby goes down for a nap, I feel the pressure start to subside, but it never fully goes away.

This has been going on for quite some time, and of course my biggest fear is that it's a brain tumor or some awful brain related issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Still having daily headaches :(
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
Hi, I just finished going through the same thing. It was every day for over a week and a half. Finally I went to the doctor and he told me that the forhead and face area is not even brain tumour territory, that the headache is due to stress and constantly thinking about it and brain tumours are extremely rare, he sees one once every 10 years.  Miraculously the day he told me this, the headaches stopped. Go figure! Now I'm just dealing with feeling lightheaded constantly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »
That's good to know :). This face pressure has been going on 4 months now and the head pressure for 1 month. I'm sure there's some non-fatal reason for it all but my mind of course thinks there is.

I've also been told brain tumors don't cause face pressure. But all sinus issues have been ruled out by an ent so other than tension I don't know what else it could be. Took tension headache meds this morning and they're working a bit but not fully.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »
So today has been a bit better--although I had a strong cup of coffee and a soda today (both full of caffeine).  But now that they're wearing off, I feel the pressure/ache come back. 

Anybody else have anything like this? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »
I have known a number of people who have had brain tumors and the common symptom among them all
was progressively worsening headaches.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Ummm...not sure that's helping Marc.

Are you saying that my symptoms sound like a brain tumor???
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
I deal with headaches several times a week.  Some are migraines, some are just regular headaches.

One thing you may not realize is sometimes headaches are from being dehydrated.  I had a doctor once tell me that when I feel a headache coming on to go and drink a glass of water before rushing to take medicine for it.  Many times it's your body asking for fluids. 

I'm sure your situation is due to stress but you just don't realize it, especially since it subsides when your baby is napping.  Being a first time parent can be exhausting in so many ways. 

I hope this helps. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
I also get headaches every day and like you said, they seem to be better when I lay down to go to bed, when I wake up, and when I'm active (i.e- not thinking). Mine are in the back of my head but Im sure in both cases this is just stress.  Like famv5 mentioned it could be because you aren't hydrated enough. I also often notice that I get really bad hunger headaches because I don't eat enough when I am stressed. 

Here is an article from CNN that hopefully will ease your mind on the brain cancer subject- http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/04/07/ep.headache.brain.tumor/.
Specifically the part that says, "Barnett says he rarely sees a brain tumor patient whose only symptom was a headache. Most of the time, the person also has something else, such as nausea, dizziness, or vomiting. Sometimes the signs are even more obvious, such as seizures, difficulty speaking, weakness in the limbs, or problems with peripheral vision.".

Anyways, in your case with just pressure headaches this really really doesn't sound like a tumor. Hope that! (I really hope that that article doesn't make you more nervous because I think it really should ease your mind a bit.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
Sound like sinus or tension headaches. I had a head ache everyday for about 3 or 4 months, I started to stretch my neck and attempt to clear out my sinus areas and I haven't had a head ache in about 2 weeks hopefully it stays like that, and you don't necessarily need to be stuffy to have sinus issues.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: