Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: major anxiety  (Read 216 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
major anxiety
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »
Does anyone experience anxiety for says straight and then end up thinking that its not anxiety but something worse going on in your body? I'm afraid of a heart attack or something horrible happening
Bookmark and Share

Offline frazzlemartini

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: major anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Yeah, I get exactly this. I start off with a general feeling of anxiety (of nothing in particular), and then I start thinking about how terrible it would be if I suddenly caught a nasty disease. And then, I imagine I'm getting the symptoms of whatever disease I'm worried about that week, which makes me more anxious, which makes the symptoms worse, etc. It's a vicious circle that's hard to get out of.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
Yea exactly ...its crippling!!!! Especially with stress and bad financial situations going on.....do u find that all hypo and anxiety physical symptoms are worse with situations going on around u? I get uncontrollable crying and everything!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline frazzlemartini

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »
Yes, it tends to be after a build-up of big things going on in life. I just completely crash for a few days, and it can sometimes take me a week to recover. The "symptoms" come after about a day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
Stress build up and all sorts of events happening and they just pile on one another--this is happening in my life at the moment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
I think just about everyone who posts here, in one way or another, ends up doing this to themselves...me included.  I'm still alive though, no terrible diseases!  None of my dire predictions have come true!
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
I couldn't agree more with this post right now. This past weekend was one of the roughest I've had at work in many months, it was extremely busy and we were shorthanded as two of our other supervisors were out.  Not to mention, my district supervisors had emailed me with expectations that needed to be fulfilled by monday, and those would require nearly all of my time, so I was under a lot of pressure. But, I had to rationalize and just do what I could and helped out my immediate supervisor and coworkers with the local issues first, and did what I could for my district supervisors when the time was available. On top of that, Sat. night I began running a fever at work and had to leave a few hours early. I took some Nyquil, but was afraid of how it would react with my prescription med for my vestibular migraines (dizziness), so I skipped taking that med. Sunday was another rough day, made worse by having a migraine and body aches all day. I took more Nyquil and skipped my prescribed med again. Monday started better, as I was feeling a lot better and the stress load was less at work, but towards the end of the night I became very dizzy, my anxiety flared up, and I ended up leaving about 45 minutes early.

Now I told that story for background to today... I woke up this afternoon still feeling light headed and dizzy. Also had chest soreness and light pain. My first thought was I've never had anxiety carry on this long, what if something else was wrong? But then I began to think... I've had a really stressful weekend, skipped the meds that are suppose to help calm me down, and was sick on top of that. How should I be feeling right now? Certainly not 'fine'! Hopefully the light headedness will subside as I get back into a normal routine over the next few days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »
Fresh clipper what a bad few days for you! You know, another thing I have as of today is a reddish face and.a headache....doesnt that point to high blood pressure??
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
It could, but it could also be a warm flash. Anxiety and elevated blood pressure are normal I think, happens to me a lot. 140/90 or 150/100 isn't uncommon. It's not sustained, usually subsides with the attack.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: