Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Favorite Teas and their Benefits?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline nitleyechos

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Favorite Teas and their Benefits?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »
I've read that a tea made from the passion flower vine is good for reducing anxiety. I look forward to try it. Its very common where I live.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kushalyn

• Mood: Hungry
    Hungry
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 05:47:13 PM »
Try matcha. If you don't know what matcha is, it's green tea, but instead of steeping the leaves, they are ground into powder and you drink the leaves and all. It's a lot thicker than normal green tea (and stronger), but it has a lot more antioxidants in it. It also helps with weight loss, cholesterol and blood pressure, detoxification, enhances mood, reduces stress, increases energy, and stimulates the immune system. I like it because it gives me energy, but it also has a calming effect. It's definitely something to look into. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kigakari

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • I wanna go home
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 12:18:59 AM »
I love love LOVE green tea! It's strange, I don't quite even enjoy the flavor, but I can't stop drinking it because it's so good! It's also supposed to improve brain function, which is something I really need, as I'm always spacing out. I either brew my own tea in a mug, or I'll drink an Arizona Iced Tea. Oh, and it also feels great when I occasionally have a sore throat.

That being said, I also like black/regular tea. Sometimes I'll even drink it cold. Tea is nice because it gives you the boost you need in a smaller dosage (unlike coffee, although coffee is nice too). The only type of tea I've found I don't like is peach tea. I've always wanted to try peppermint or ginger tea, which I haven't gotten around to taste yet.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sycpuppy

• Mood: High
    High
  • o('-'o)
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
Loose Leaf Ceylon, Chamomile, Oolong and Jasmine together for 5 minutes in hot water then strain and add agave nectar. taste good but it has a lot of caffeine.
Bookmark and Share
I live, I die. I LIVE AGAIN!

Offline thevenacava

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 11:43:29 PM »
Back in university, I would drink chamomile to calm my nerves. Nowadays, I drink green tea after meals (I tend to get headaches after eating).

Caffeine can definitely be bad for people with anxiety. I find that drinking low-caf drinks (decaf coffee, green tea) is fine.
Bookmark and Share
"On second thought, I think I am more crazy than my goat." --Remedios Varo

Offline Hancock

• Wastlander
  • Rec's: 9
  • Mood: High
    High
  • Medical Student & Hypochondriac Extraordinaire
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 12:48:37 AM »
1) Skullcap tea (1500 mg I think): suuuuuper calming and relaxing, it's known for it's anxiety relieving benefits.
2) Chamomile: Not as crazy effective as the one above, but it's still soothing.
3) Valerian root tea: Knocks me right out into a deep sleep, tastes pretty good too.
4) Decaffeinated green tea: Just delicious and has the benefit of antioxidants and l-theanine (anti-depression properties).
5) Raspberry leaf tea: The leaves are gorgeous, it tastes delicious, and it has a lot of good properties for womens health.

I could make a list of 100 but I'll just leave it at that for now haha.
Bookmark and Share
We live amidst a violent storm; leaves us unsatisfied at best, so fill your heart with what's important and be done with all the rest.

Offline LeroyBrown

• Rec's: 21
  • Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »
Can't believe I've not seen this thread.  Being English, I take tea very seriously.  :)

My favorites are PG Tips, Tetley (I buy the English blend), Yorkshire, and Twinings (English Breakfast or Lady Grey).

Of course, tea must always be made with boiling water from a kettle (NOT in the microwave), and must be drunk with a bit of milk and sugar. 

Hmmm. Fancy a cuppa right now after writing that!  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline MindGames

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
I've been drinking tea at night last couple days.  It's been that Lipton Green Tea.  I like it pretty well, I add a little sweet-n-low to it.  But I looked in the tea isle and low and behold there was a dozen.  Sure as rain, I couldn't decide on one.  :spineyes: So I made my husband go get one. Problem solved.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline gallifreyburns

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »
I drink peppermint tea if I have an anxious/upset stomach. It seems to work well to calm my stomach and my nerves. Other than that I prefer a really strong plain black tea. My preferred brand is called Typhoo, but I'm not sure if it has any real benefits, other than the fact that it comes in round teabags (which is fun) and the name is fun to say.  :laugh3: I like to make a pot of loose-leaf tea from time to time, too--I find the whole process very relaxing.

Semi-related, I collect teapots--I try to get one anywhere I travel.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
I am not a medical doctor, and nothing I post should be taken as medical advice!

Offline Insayne

• Clown Princess of Crime
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Why so serious?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »
I have ordered some Kava tea, it's a natural tea for anxiety. I've heard good and bad things about this stuff. I guess it can be potent. I'll give you guys an update when I get it. I am running out of options here. :P
Bookmark and Share
"You think after living with Mistah J I'd be used to a little pain"- Harley Quinn

Tags: