Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pill Count - Panic Attacks - Rough Ride  (Read 533 times)

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pill Count - Panic Attacks - Rough Ride
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:53 AM »
I appreciate your response. Do you take Xanax yourself, how often do you take it?

perhaps refrain from things that increase your heart rate so much

I've always took 400mg of Caffeine in tablets (equivalent to 4-6 cups of coffee :mad0228:) before working out, and both of which have had a response of triggering attacks.

I didn't even take it into account because I've always done it before I've had this anxiety increase from my Zoloft.

Thanks for the advice.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »
Every time I started a SSRI (including genetic Zoloft) my doctor would prescribe me zanax (actually alprazolam .5mg.) It's written to take line tablet twice daily as needed. My doctor is the best, admitting to me he took something similar to Zoloft, and whenever he started a new med he would take zanax to ease him into it. Worked pretty good for me, it's not perfect,but i would take halves like you mentioned to not exceed the dosage. I can't say my attacks where ever quite as strong as you describe, but when i would start having heart race, or feeling of panic i would take it immediately. After a while i got to know when i would have triggers and i would take it before hand to prevent anxiety/panic. He write me 60, and i still have too many too count. Don't worry about getting hooked, if you don't constantly exceed you should be fine. Also, don't fear your doctor, if they are a good doc they will understand what you a re going through, if you have to stand up to them demand better care. They are there to care for you. When i was 18 i tired to get help from another doctor,i told him iw depressed with anxiety and he laughed at me and said i was too young to be depressed... Wrong!! I felt dedicated and even though i never went back to him, i went 7 more years without seeking help,fearing they would till mine I'm to young. Don't let them tell you how you should be, if you need help them demand it,or find another doctor!
Now i only take zanax as needed which i would say is a few times a month and only halves,depending on what social gathering stresses me. As for caffeine, i still drink soda and i love my coffee,and energy drinks but sometimes they make me feel jittery. So take caffeine in smaller doses and slowly work your way back up to what you are used to taking. Keep record of what you take and what you are doing prior to any attacks and soon you'll conquer this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
How would I go about requesting Xanax or Ativan appropriately?

I'm a 22 year old college student. She shows a high level of trust in me but still..

I would mention that you don't feel like the Klonopin is working appropriately for you and ask if there is alternative.  Most drug seekers go in and ask by name during the first appointment so even if you used the name, you shouldn't alarm her.  This time, I explained what was happening and asked my Dr to make the appropriate choice for me…he chose Xanax :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »
Bless your heart.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
Every time I started a SSRI (including genetic Zoloft) my doctor would prescribe me zanax......conquer this!

I totally overlooked your post! I'm going to read this now, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: