Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pill Count - Panic Attacks - Rough Ride  (Read 331 times)

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Pill Count - Panic Attacks - Rough Ride
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »
INITIAL DOSAGE:

(25mg) Zoloft FIRST SEVEN DAYS
-----------------------------------------
(50mg) Zoloft x 1 a day
(.25mg) Klonopin (Clonazepam) x 2/day

AFTER FIRST WEEK DOSAGE (Called into Psychiatrist):

(50mg) Zoloft x 1/day
(.5mg) Klonopin (Clonazepam) x 2/day

FIRST WEEK:

I have not noticed any heightened anxiety for the first 5 days.

About day 6 and on forward I have noticed a heightened anxiety.

I have been taking my Klonopin at .25mg (one in the morning/one in the evening) regularly as prescribed.

I had noticed I was getting some zombielike effects and not much relief of anxiety (not taking off the edge).

For a few days I have been taking Klonopin AS NEEDED throughout the day, not exceeding 1mg.

Called Psychiatrist about Klonopin not working in reducing/relieving some of the anxiety.

Psychiatrist upped me up .5mg twice a day, anything not exceeding 1mg.

AFTER FIRST WEEK (Day 7-8):

Day after Thanksgiving (on the 15th) I had suffered HEAVY Agitation all day.

Near afternoon after gym I have had a ball of anxiety noticeable in my chest.
(.5mg Klonopin Ingested)

1.5 hours later at home I had my first panic attack in my entire life. (Began to Hyperventalate, had no control over breathing, fingers went COMPLETELY numb and buckled, face went numb and even began crying)

I consumed (.5mg Klonopin ingested) following the attack.

YESTERDAY:

Took Zoloft in the morning with (.25mg Klonopin ingested) at 9 am.

went to the gym. had severe agitation and irritability all day.

Consumed (.5mg Klonopin ingested) following my workout as Anxiety began to set in.

Started to feel the tingly of an attack coming on as I waited for a ride home from the gym.

I get home, hop onto the recliner and began to get swarmed with thoughts, again hyperventalating and hitting the floor. (4-5 minutes)

I call my Psychiatrist and await for a phone call.

20 minutes later following the attack (Klonopin should be set in by now) I have another attack, again hyperventalating and all the same reactions as the Feb 15th attack the day before.

Psych called back but wasn't my psychiatrist, only an on-call psych. Provided NO help.

TODAY

Took Zoloft and (.5mg Klonopin) ingested.

Went to the gym. Felt less irritable, a little bit better on track.

Ran errands and later on in the evening around 5pm I sporadically felt that Anxiety in my chest. I ran over and laid on the couch.

Before I started Hyperventalating I controlled my breathing. Intense fear and panic filled my chest, I laid with my hands over my chest, slightly rocking back and forth... NOTHING I could possibly do could have taken my mind off of it.

I lost track of time and dosed off, waking up from a nap with a NIGHTMARE like awakening, I started panicking again and ripped my shirt off...

(.5mg Klonopin ingested)

5 minutes later I calmed back down and felt really light headed.

I see my Psychiatrist in three days. Is she going to do a pill count? I haven't been abusing my Klonopin. Honestly I feel that it doesn't work. There have been days that I was fine and didn't take it completely at all, and there were some times that I felt like I took too much. but never over 1.5mg (maybe not even over 1.25mg Klonopin)

She prescribed me 30 for a Month Supply (Initially in mind that I would cut them in half .25mg In order to be able to take them TWICE a day and not run out)

But I had called her and she told me to up it to .5mg....

I only have 3 left, I'm not worried about running out. I'll be fine by the time of my appointment....

Completed blood tests as she requested today so I am on good terms with her.....

But is she going to want to count my pills? I don't want to be cut off, I want to possibly talk to her and ask if I can switch my benzodiazepine to something I could maybe take AS NEEDED.... or something else. I don't really like the Klonopin... I've taken Tic Tacs more relieving.

Do I have anything to worry about?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline mommabear

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pill Count - Panic Attacks - Rough Ride
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »
Hi tater  ;D

Wow, that sounds awful  :( I'm going to take a guess and say its probably the Zoloft that is causing the panic attacks, although we are all different, and react differently to meds I had the same issue with Zoloft. As of now I'm on 125mg. I stuck with it, and feel so much better. I take a very low dose of Ativan, so I'm not familiar with Klonopin, either the dose isn't high enough, or perhaps, like you said you may want to ask for a switch to another benzo, might be your best bet. As for her counting your pills? I wouldn't think she would?! You are taking them as prescribed, so I wouldn't worry to much.

I hope you start to feel better, and hopefully she can prescribe something more helpful while you get used to Zoloft. Best wishes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:26 AM »
Thank you much for the reassurance, I was quite nervous actually. I just didn't want to come off as a fiend or something.

My dosage is pretty acurate to hers, it's just that I lost count because some days I wouldn't take it and some days I would.

I appreciate the response.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:59 AM »
I wouldn't say it is the Klonopin doing all this to you. Maybe the other medication you are on. The likes of Zoloft can bring about such episodes. Just speaking from experience here. Never heard of Klonopin causing such an effect on anybody. Zoloft I have read many stories about. The type of medication that it falls under can do all sorts of things to us. But most times it gets weaker as it sets in. In other words it can take 4 - 6 weeks to begin to work in the right way. Those first few weeks it is just getting into our system. It is making changes to the system. What can seem bad to begin with. It doesn't only happen with Zoloft. It can happen with a lot of SSRIs. You can feel horrible for a while. As your body gets used to the medication. If after those 6 weeks there is no change, then I would be asking questions. Doctor wise. If it is right for me. Can be a case of hit and miss with medication at times. May take a few attempts before we find the right one for us. Your doctor upped the Klonopin to combat the side effects of the Zoloft.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »
Thanks for your replies,

Cuch,

I was simply stating that the Klonopin wasn't reducing anxiety levels, Not causing the symptoms. I've suspected and was told that Zoloft will potentially cause increased anxiety..

Just lookin' to maybe swap the Klonopin for a different benzo while I get through these stages of Zoloft.

Would you agree that maybe swapping out the Klonopin for a different benzo may show different outcomes in your personal opinion?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »
Klonopin takes more time to kick into action. It is a slow release benzo. What I had once was a bounce effect. My doctor asked me to try something new. I was on Xanax and the two simply didn't work together and you get this bounce effect that increases the side effects a hundred times over. I went through the roof. So a doctor has to find types of medication that do work together. For all we know the zoloft and Klonopin might not be working together. Such as what happened to me. Only served to make my anxiety worse than it ever was before. I found another doctor who knew what he was doing and the situation was sorted out. Again, trial and error with medication. Until the right combination was found. Maybe ask for a quicker acting benzo. One that will work straight away. You feel anxious. You take it. It kicks in straight away. No waiting time needed.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:56 PM »
Thank you very much, I'm going to rep you on that.

I will keep that in mind and I"m looking forward to my doctors visit, with an open mind of course but with what you told me to use for information as needed.

Much appreciation.

Take care. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »
They won't count your pills.  As long as it's obvious that you're not abusing them, it's fine.  You're very obviously not abusing them or not selling them on the street  :laugh3:

Klonipin never worked well for me.  Xanax however has been amazing.  The Dr started me on 1 mg 3 times a day (a high dose) but suggested cutting them in 1/2 if I was able.  I did that from the start and the most I've taken in one day is 1.5 mg.  I'm now down to a 1/2 daily.

SSRIs do have a side effect of anxiety so it's quite possible Zoloft isn't right for you. I can't take Paxil, it sends my anxiety through the roof but Celexa works perfectly.  I can't even take Celexa's sister Lexapro.  It's all about chemistry and what works best with your body chemistry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
How would I go about requesting Xanax or Ativan appropriately?

I'm a 22 year old college student. She shows a high level of trust in me but still..
Bookmark and Share

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »
Yea, Zoloft is definitely the culprit of your attacks, but it WILL get better if you can stick it out, and even so it may not be the right med for you. You may find it only helps with part of your symptoms, or some new symptom you can't deal with ( such as dry mouth, restless leg, fog, etc.) I'm not too familiar with klonopin, but I believe it's in the same family as Xanax. Sorry if I'm wrong, but Xanax has a fairly quick response time to take affect. It usually only takes maybe 15-20minutes to feel a good decrease in anxiety.
    A suggestion.... Since you are still new to this medicine, perhaps refrain from things that increase your heart rate so much. For example you mentioned after exercising both times you got an attack. If you can don't exercise for a few more weeks, don't drink caffeinated drinks or energy shakes,drinks, etc. If you feel it absolutely necessary to work out, maybe now is the time to experience yoga, if u haven't already. You'd be surprised at how relaxing it can be to the mind, yet quite effective for strengthening your body, without having to get your heart racing as much as other exercise. Hope you feel better, keep us posted!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:53 AM »
I appreciate your response. Do you take Xanax yourself, how often do you take it?

perhaps refrain from things that increase your heart rate so much

I've always took 400mg of Caffeine in tablets (equivalent to 4-6 cups of coffee :mad0228:) before working out, and both of which have had a response of triggering attacks.

I didn't even take it into account because I've always done it before I've had this anxiety increase from my Zoloft.

Thanks for the advice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »
Every time I started a SSRI (including genetic Zoloft) my doctor would prescribe me zanax (actually alprazolam .5mg.) It's written to take line tablet twice daily as needed. My doctor is the best, admitting to me he took something similar to Zoloft, and whenever he started a new med he would take zanax to ease him into it. Worked pretty good for me, it's not perfect,but i would take halves like you mentioned to not exceed the dosage. I can't say my attacks where ever quite as strong as you describe, but when i would start having heart race, or feeling of panic i would take it immediately. After a while i got to know when i would have triggers and i would take it before hand to prevent anxiety/panic. He write me 60, and i still have too many too count. Don't worry about getting hooked, if you don't constantly exceed you should be fine. Also, don't fear your doctor, if they are a good doc they will understand what you a re going through, if you have to stand up to them demand better care. They are there to care for you. When i was 18 i tired to get help from another doctor,i told him iw depressed with anxiety and he laughed at me and said i was too young to be depressed... Wrong!! I felt dedicated and even though i never went back to him, i went 7 more years without seeking help,fearing they would till mine I'm to young. Don't let them tell you how you should be, if you need help them demand it,or find another doctor!
Now i only take zanax as needed which i would say is a few times a month and only halves,depending on what social gathering stresses me. As for caffeine, i still drink soda and i love my coffee,and energy drinks but sometimes they make me feel jittery. So take caffeine in smaller doses and slowly work your way back up to what you are used to taking. Keep record of what you take and what you are doing prior to any attacks and soon you'll conquer this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
How would I go about requesting Xanax or Ativan appropriately?

I'm a 22 year old college student. She shows a high level of trust in me but still..

I would mention that you don't feel like the Klonopin is working appropriately for you and ask if there is alternative.  Most drug seekers go in and ask by name during the first appointment so even if you used the name, you shouldn't alarm her.  This time, I explained what was happening and asked my Dr to make the appropriate choice for me…he chose Xanax :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »
Bless your heart.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• »ɗℴ℘∈»
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:53 AM »
Every time I started a SSRI (including genetic Zoloft) my doctor would prescribe me zanax......conquer this!

I totally overlooked your post! I'm going to read this now, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: