Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need Your Perspective, and Need to Rant  (Read 117 times)

Offline EverydaySunshine

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need Your Perspective, and Need to Rant
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
Its been a while since I have posted, but I really have found this site to be a real place of hope for me.  So here goes...

I am 44. a bit of an exercise freak, and a big time heart worrier.  I am used to working out 5-6 days a week for about 2 hours a day.  Back in the summer I tore my meniscus and required surgery (as well as an unrelated leg surgery) this past fall.  This month, I am finally back to start working out again.  However, in the meantime, I have gained 20 pounds (hello, holidays!) and my cardio has taken its toll from not being out there.

I am really worried that I have done damage to my heart by gaining the weight and I get almost daily worries of having a heart attack.  Every time I work out and my times are slow, or I get indigestion (which I have had for years), or I get a random shooting pain down my arm (which I also get for years) I start freaking out.

I went through the full barrage of heart tests with my cardiologist about 2 years ago and everything came back clear - in fact, great.  I just cant get past the idea that I have really done myself in by gaining weight and not being in the gym.

Anyone else been where I am now?  Please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need Your Perspective, and Need to Rant
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »
No I havent been in same situation....but it doesnt sound like that much weight and u seem very fit and you probably have  an amzingly fit heart......its the anxiety talking the fear ...realistically you sound very healthy and fit and you will lose the weight in no time ....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Heart