Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma fears back in full swing  (Read 317 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma fears back in full swing
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »
I was doing so much better after the New Years. I was on lexapro and was getting therapy, and I was feeling so much more positive and finally starting to think about a future with my family. I have been sweating at night for almost 4 months now. Never drenching, and sometimes hardly at all, but sometimes fairly bad to where my pj legs feel slightly damp as does my chest and collar of my shirt. I had started to consider this was maybe from my bc pills, like maybe my body wasn't tolerating them anymore. After all, when the sweating starting it was only the last half of my cycle when it occurred. I quit my bc a month ago hoping so much that the sweating would stop but it has not. It's actually all through my cycle now. I'm really starting to worry about lymphoma again. That symptom and also the on and off itching I get. That started maybe 3 months ago on a night I was really stressing about getting itching as a symptom. Bam! My arms and legs went crazy itching. Surely this is not all in my mind if it's not gone yet. I actually wasn't noticing it in the good time I was in after New Years, when I had the hope of stopping taking my bc pills as the solution to my stupid night sweating. I mentioned it to my doc and all he had to say was, well you are to young for menopause! And left it at that. He knows I have a bad lymphoma fear. During my ovarian cancer fear 5-6 months ago, I had 4 pelvic ultrasounds and a full blood panel run. It was all clear. I also had a full abdominal ultrasound 3 months ago when my liver area was hurting. That pain hasn't lasted and everything has come back clear. Of course, Im pretty sure these aren't the tests they use specifically for lymphoma. My spleen was normal and all, and I feel liek that's slightly comforting. But still, the night sweating in someone my age seems bad. I'm 23 with an 18 month old daughter. I know my hormones have the ability to make me sweat, as after I had my daughter I had the drenching night sweats that soaked my pjs and my bed sheets when I was shedding the water weight . I had to lay a towel down. Gross.... But these sweats aren't heavy like that. So I just don't know what to think. I just found out yesterday I'm preg. Accident. Me and my hub wanted to wait til I was in a better place with my health worries. I needed to see my GP and really try to get him to help me get to the bottom of this. He has checked all my nodes multiple times and couldn't find any. Last time I was there a month ago I had a chest X-ray. I was worried about lymph nodes in my chest cavity and was having a touch of chest pain. Came back totally clear, chest pain went away. I got a cold yesterday and have several nodes popping up which has me freaked! All I can think is, here's my lymphoma finally presenting itself. Now it would make sense to assume the cold was causing this, but I feel a node which I haven't felt swell up before on the side of my neck. It's prob less that grape sized and is not firm, but it doesn't move like crazy and feels more firm than I would think is ok. Ugh I'm a wreck. I'm so scared to go to the doc now that I'm preg. What if I finally get diagnosed and have to choose between my life and my child's :'(. Having a hard time getting excited about this pregnancy cause I'm scared I won't get to keep this baby.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears back in full swing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »
Lexapro can cause sweating too.  You're not having fevers, you've had multiple clean tests, you're good.

Take a deep breath and trust those test results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:21 PM »
Nope that not it, the sweating was going on a month before I starting taking lexapro
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Pathological night sweats are drenching as you know, and I mean change you chlothes, soaking wet sheets wet....not just a litte damp.  Damp night sweat is normal...you dont have to go looking for a reason for it because there might not be one.  Do you know why why weigh so much less in the morgning than in the evening?  Because we sweat and breath out damp air.  Totally normal.  Us  HA people, specially those of us with lymphoma fears are just much more aware of it.  My husband sweats like crazy during the night...I can even see pearls of sweat on him...and the bed is very damp where he lies.  He has always been this way and when I asked him about it he said "what are you talking about" he hadnt even noticed it...then again, he doesnt have HA:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
It's just different for me. I've always been very body aware so night sweating is not my norm. :( anyone else have sweating at night and found the cause?,
Bookmark and Share

Offline psychopika

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Whatever doesn't kill you fucks you up mentally
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
I can relate to your problems so much... I'm trying to conceive this year and my worries about lymphoma or other cancer are driving me nuts. Every time I think I might be pregnant, I wonder if I'll finally find I have cancer and I'll have to have an abortion and it just tears me up.

I've been having night sweats since November, immediately after getting convinced of having lymphoma and reading a list of symptoms, among which was night sweats of course. My night sweats are exactly like yours, not drenching, just my legs, my chest, my neck, around my underwear... and mild. Moist and annoying as hell.

I also had a chest pain in the right side of my ribcage that I was sure it was lymphoma, but I couldn't have an X-ray because at the time there were chances that I was pregnant. I finally gave up having the X-ray and the pain disappeared.

In January I started having hot flashes and weird sensations on my feet and hands, like cold/hot/sweaty. The hot flashes were more intense around the time of my period and they got me worried that I was entering early menopause (I'm 28). It's unlikely though - a hormonal imbalance is more likely, after all the horrible stress I've been through.

The hot flashes are so disturbing though, even worse than the night sweats. Every time I get angry or emotional I feel strangely hot and feel like sweating. And the closer I am to my period, the worse they are. I do hope they will eventually go away and that they are caused by anxiety (which can be true).

I've started taking Vitamin D supplements when my doctor suggested these symptoms might indicate a deficiency. Ever since I've started the Vitamin D, my night sweats CONSIDERABLY subsided. I even got nasty hot flashes last night because it was hot in the room and I was agitated and God knows why else (hope not cancer!) - and still didn't sweat as much as before. I barely got a bit moist on my chest.

I'm pretty sure at this point that my night sweats are not related to any cancer of lymphoma. I don't yet know what is up with the hot flashes (horrible they are!), but the night sweats are either a vitamin deficiency or pure anxiety. Anxiety can do this to you.

Please try taking some vitamin D supplements and maybe you'll stop having the sweats! It's not worth it to consume yourself and not have a proper rest at night.

I really, really don't think you have any lymphoma! The ultrasounds, the X-ray would have picked it. Besides, you don't have symptoms! You can let that one go, whatever the cause of your night sweats, it's not lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: