Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Shooting pains in head ?! Please respond if experienced em!  (Read 210 times)

Offline Bella41123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shooting pains in head ?! Please respond if experienced em!
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »
Here I am again! For a month now I been experiencing shooting painful pains in my head and burning scalp I always get em in the morning they get okay throughout the day at night thy become worse shooting pains all over my head the back of it and left side mostly though temple area all the time! Is this anxiety or a brain tumor I've had a ct scan without contrast done tomoro I have an appointment with my neurologist please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shooting pains in head ?! Please respond if experienced em!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
Hello,

I too have been experiencing stabbing pains in my head mostly on the right side since end of august last year - I did have a very stressful 8 months previous to that, but anyway I was convinced I had a brain tumour and to some degree I still do and still getting the headaches, but the doctors all say it is anxiety, I haven't had any further testing so I would interested to know what the neurologist says to you when you go.

Sorry that you are getting these, they really are nice, but I have been told many times that they are down to tension and anxiety.

:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ksteph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:26:37 PM »
I get what you are describing every now and then, I have decided it is tension headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
I've get these from time to time, they are called ice pick headaches, they are a form of migraine and typically are primary headaches meaning they are benign and there is nothing causing them besides maybe like you said stress, I started getting them after I started to worry about every disease under the sun, I get them much less frequently since I started calming down.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 07:50:08 PM »
I agree with CrazyQuacker. My doctor told me they were icepick headaches and I also get them when I'm particularly stressed. Nothing to be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: