Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: First days on Celexa  (Read 144 times)

Offline ctoney4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First days on Celexa
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
I'm currently on day 3 of Celexa (citalopram) 10 mg for anxiety. And boy it's been rough already. The first dose I took in the morning. For the rest of the day I walked around in a daze, feeling completely out of it, constantly yawning, and fatigued. So the next day I decided to to take it before bedtime. Bad idea. I woke up 3 hours later feeling like everything was in slow motion and my heart racing, which sent me into a panic attack and could not go back to sleep. My anxiety has been increased since taking it. I know side effects are expected and it takes a few weeks to get benefit but this is awful. Would love some reassurance, support, or tips that anyone has to offer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: First days on Celexa
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:43:04 PM »
I know side effects are expected and it takes a few weeks to get benefit but this is awful. Would love some reassurance, support, or tips that anyone has to offer.

I suggest you contact the prescribing doctor, explain what is happening and ask him/her to prescribe a small dose of one of the benzodiazepines to help you get through this. If s/he's a benzodphobe then ask for hydroxyzine (Atarax) a antihistamine with anti anxiety properties.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: