Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So grateful for this site!  (Read 141 times)

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
So grateful for this site!
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:02 PM »
I am a 27 yr old single mom of two girls and I have been suffering from anxiety for about 9 yrs now. It came out of the blue when I went away for college, thanks to anxiety I lasted all of two weeks. I seemed to be better when I was in my hometown with family and friends and I could still travel. When I was pregnant with my first daughter almost 7 yrs ago now it completely went away. I was "normal" again and could do anything. I felt great. Two years after that it came back with a vengeance. I would have horrible panic attacks at night. As long as I was with someone I felt safe with I was fine. That continued on for a while and I finally sought help from a Dr. I was given Xanax and an antidepressant. The Xanax worked fine but I have yet to be on an antidepressant that doesn't either make me depressed, lethargic to the point I can't move or make me have thoughts about hurting myself. So I stuck with the Xanax for when I absolutely had to have it. I had my second daughter a little over a year ago and it was a very stressful pregnancy. My anxiety was manageable but it would flare up every so often. About a year ago I started having horrible panic attacks that would drop me to my knees and I swore to God I was dying. I am now unable to leave my town, at all for any reason, I am back on Xanax as of last Thursday and have had to take it everyday since, twice in the last 24 hrs. I feel like I am spiraling out of control but I remain functional for my girls. I go to work everyday, I take care of them and myself for them. My anxiety is always worse at night and I will wake from a dead sleep feeling scared and alone. Ive been staying with a friend for the last couple weeks so that I have a support system and if I need help. Im changing my diet, Im starting to exercise and meditate everyday to help relieve this. It makes me feel so much better knowing that there are other people out there with the same problems and I dont feel so crazy now. If anyone has any other suggestions for me I would welcome them wholeheartedly! Thank you and nice to meet you all!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So grateful for this site!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
Hello, NovocaineKisses and welcome to Anxiety Zone!  :action-smiley-065:

Our community is all about sharing experience and mutual support. Many members have similar stories. I hope you'll find your staying here beneficial.
I suggest you browse through the forums, find the ones you have interest in and post or start a new topic, if you like.
Besides forums, we have other features here, one of them being the ever popular chat room. In order to enter chat, you must be 18 years or older and have made 3 meaningful posts.
You might also be interested in the AZ wire, which is a social network for our members.

Nice to have you on board! We are indeed not crazy  :happy0151: and we can help each other. Good luck on your journey to recovery, seems to me you're making the right steps for you. Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »
Thank you! It's a relief to have somewhere to go and get advice as well as help others if I can  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:20 AM »
It is awesome to hear that you are finding ways to get a grip on your anxiety. Sometimes it takes a little bit of a push, and this forum does it for me. THere's a lot of judgement free people here and you will be able to find a lot of help plus meet a lot of people with the same situations you're in.

I have been diagnosed with SA and I'm currently on Zoloft (a week and a few days in) and Klonopin.

I want to swap out my Klonopin.

How does that Xanax treat you? How long does it last for you? How long does it take to kick in?

Much appreciation and welcome to the board. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »
I really like my xanax. It lasts quite a while for me and the longest it has ever taken to start helping is about a half hour. I don't feel drugged or groggy with it either. Its like a huge sigh of relief when it kicks in. Depending on how bad my attack was I will feel a little out of sorts even after taking it but it usually dissipates with a nap or exercise  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:06 PM »
I'm going to take that information into account, I meet with my psychiatrist in two days and I'll keep that in mind.

much appreciation and I hope that you find yourself a comfortable stay on this board.

If you need any further help don't hesitate to let me or anyone know.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
Thank you I appreciate it and you can message me anytime too :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: