Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Full effects of Wellbutrin SR  (Read 242 times)

Offline Bcollinsix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Full effects of Wellbutrin SR
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:49 AM »
I've been on a full pill of Wellbutrin SR for about a month now (started at half a pill (37.5mg) than a week later full pill and the week after that 150mg). It's pretty been pretty good so far, my anxiety is down and my depression is somewhat under control. My doctor says it takes 4 to 6 weeks to feel the full effect. I asked my doctor how will I know it's working and she says my concentration should improve but my concentration has always been good so what can I expect from the "full effect"? I'm looking for some more relief from both my anxiety and depression. Can I expect something more or is this it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline brokenbone

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Full effects of Wellbutrin SR
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
Wellbutrin is actually not equipped to soothe anxiety, it is solely for depression. However, if you're like me, reducing the depression can help with anxiety if your anxiety tends to be a symptom rather than actual disorder.

As for other things it can do, it can aid smoking cessation, help seasonal affective disorder,  reduce sexual side effects of other medications, cause weight loss, reduce fatigue, and can increase concentration. In some cases, it can act as a mild mood stabilizer. But in general, it should jut decrease your depression. It has done that quite well for me, especially in reducing suicidal thoughts. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Full effects of Wellbutrin SR
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:31:51 AM »
Can I expect something more or is this it?

As with every other antidepressant Wellbutrin may take 3-12 weeks to fully kick in. You're only been on the usual minimum therapeutic dose for two weeks. The typical target dose is 300mg/day.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: