Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I have never....  (Read 181 times)

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
I have never....
« on: February 16, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »
met anyone else like me lol.  It is so weird to come on this forum and see tons of people just like me - as far as my HA goes.  All my friends and family make fun of me constantly and I kind of laugh it off - but it sucks.  I often wonder how they don't feel the same way about themselves and then they remind me that I am "special" lol.  Oh well.  It is just nice to know I am not alone - although I am sad there are so many of us :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have never....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »
It's always a good feeling connecting with those with the same situations, it makes this world seem a little bit bigger than our current surroundings.

Great post. ;D
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:57 AM »
Glad you are feeling less alone since joining the forum :)

You're in good company here.

I am so sorry you have been dealing with anxiety and felt lonely with it. I have felt that way for many years myself until I found this site. And im very sorry you deal with having family make fun of you for it. I know that is quite difficult. I hope you find this site helpful!
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:49 AM »
Well welcome  ;D
I too was surprised that there were so many of us and it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone or crazy!  My family laughs at me and gets frustrated with me.  In a way it helps because if THEY aren't taking it seriously it can't be anything bad.   But if any of them ever said, "Why don't you see a doctor?"  I'd totally freak out!  I'd get so bad I couldn't even function (but I still wouldn't see a doctor because at least I have a CHANCE that it would be nothing bad, if I went and he confirmed it, I don't know how I could handle it)  Luckily though EVERYTHING went away or lasted so long it COULDN'T be anything bad or if I did break down and see a doctor it was "anxiety" causing it because whatever I went for went away that VERY day I was told nothing was wrong!
Are you like me and avoid doctors or do you welcome them for reassurance?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »
I guess some ppl don't show it also. No one can tell that I have HA except my parents who know about the problem, because I don't share it. I told my girlfriend recently and that's pretty much it.

It is certainly nice to see that you are not alone in this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »
We all are glad you found this forum and are comfortable here. It is a shame that people don't understand HA and
laugh at it, etc. I am sure that they would not like it if the tables were turned on them.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:20:49 AM »
Thanks guys!!  I have come and gone from here for awhile - depending on my level of anxiety.  It tends to flare up and get really bad sometimes - I would love to know what triggers the really bad time.  No - I avoid doctors if I can - kinda hard when I work in an emergency room lol.  But if things are really bad I might ask one of my doctor friends for an opinion.  When my husband says "just go to the Dr" I flip out too lol. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything