Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm a newbie :)  (Read 84 times)

Offline ellislou92

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
I'm a newbie :)
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »
Aloha!
I'm new to this site so just giving a little background. Hopefully the responses will assure me that I've come to the right place.
I'm a 21 year old girl from London, UK. I had been experiencing mild anxiety for just over a year - it got a lot worse around the middle of last year. There wasn't any sort of traumatic event that started it all; I just recall suddenly becoming a huge hypochondriac over the littlest things. It was only when I started to have panic attacks I realised it was something in my head. I am currently able to cope with my anxiety as I am kept very busy during the day; however, I have started to develop severe anxiety when I'm travelling around London after having a bad panic attack on the train :*(
I'm hoping to find people experiencing similar things to get some support and hopefully I can support others too. I do believe this is a mind/matter problem and that talking to people with real experiences of panic and anxiety will help me to overcome some of my issues. I'm often quite stressed and spend my 'relax' time over thinking and making myself more anxious (oops)
Look forward to speaking to you all.
Aloha!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm a newbie :)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:21:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm a newbie :)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:28 AM »
Welcome,

I've experienced similar events. After a panic attack while riding with a friend, I like driving myself everywhere, or driving my friends even at my own fuel expense. Anything to not be a passenger. I'm sure it'd be the same for me on a bus or in a taxi. Just another of anxietys tricks... The key is to slowly break that restriction. Understand the setbacks, and celebrate the good days. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: