Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm so scared tonight…i hate this so much  (Read 233 times)

Offline irishLondon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so scared tonight…i hate this so much
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

I never thought i'd write a message like this - but I'm so desperate tonight. I just don't know what to do.

My physical symptoms are driving me crazy. My skin burns, my tongue burns. I haven't slept. And I slowly feel i'm going mad. I live alone here in London and I'm so so scared right now. I feel i've exhausted what I can tell my friends - i can't tell them i've developed yet another symptom. They'll be sick of me.

What am I going to do? I can't cope with these symptoms tonight - and i've read the symptoms of a burning tongue can last for years, how on earth am i going to cope for that length of time. I'm in such a state.

I'm so sorry for writing such a negative post, i just don't know what my body is doing right now. And i feel my mind is cracking up - is this normal??

Thank you for listening to me guys. I don't want to be this person - but i've nowhere else to turn tonight,

Conor
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm so scared tonight…i hate this so much
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
Do you take any anti-anxiety meds like Klonopin, Xanax etc.?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rosiela

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
It's a fact that anxiety can cause all sorts of crazy physical symptoms, which is bad news for us HA sufferers, because then we just start freaking out more, and then we feel worse and so on and so on….

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, I know what it's like to be in a bad place.

Lack of sleep + anxiety is a bad combination for your body - even small things you wouldn't normally notice will seem amplified x 1000 right now.

Is there anything you can do to try and take your mind off things/relax - or anything that might help you get to sleep? I know it's tough re: reaching out to friends but is there anyone you're close to who can support you? Sometimes it's so helpful just to be able to text someone/call someone who can listen.

If not, hang out on the forum or go into the chat room for a bit - just getting things off your chest somewhere might help, and let you get a decent sleep tonight.

Sorry to be so useless, there is not really a lot I can suggest, but I know how tough this is.

Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline irishLondon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
Thank you Hypo and Rosiela,

I have a small supply of Valium - in the UK it's difficult to get anything like that prescribed.

I've just spent the last 10 minutes crying my eyes out. A 31 year old grown man - and crying my eyes out. But it has kind of taken the edge off the anxiety for a little bit. I guess its kind of like a release.

thank you both so much for replying to me. I really appreciate it a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eva1227

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
First of all relax. I get burning tongue all time, and it never lasts for years. It is definitely anxiety related and will go away. Just drink fluids and avoid alcohol as that can increase your anxiety. I'll sometimes use some Biotine to keep my mouth moist. It will go away. A lot of anti anxiety meds can exasperate the burning tongue as well, so just give it some time.
You'll be fine. It will not last years.

Eva
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
These are times when you should be taking some anti-anxiety meds like Valium if you have them prescribed.

Don't know what's weather like in London, here in Serbia is pretty warm for this time of year, so I would consider going for a walk, or just do 30 minutes of cardio exercise at home, or both.

It's tough to be alone with anxiety symptoms, very tough, so having your time occupied with different activities is the best course of action you can take. Plan each day to a minute, that you don't have free time at all. Stop Googling completely. And post on this forum of course, it's a great place to get good advices.
Bookmark and Share

Offline irishLondon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
Hypo and Eva,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's just so nice to know there is someone out there. I've calmed down a bit now - no longer think i'm going crazy. I just need to realise these symptoms will go away once the anxiety goes away - they won't go anywhere while i continue to worry about them.

This whole thing is so tough sometimes. Thank you both again

Conor
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
Once you get the anxiety under control, the symptoms will go away.  You just have to get to that point.

If you have the valium, I would take it so you can sleep tonight.  Being well rested will make it easier to tackle the obsessive thoughts tomorrow.  Journaling, deep breathing and exercising help me but it differs for everyone.

You can do this!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline irishLondon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
Thank you Falcon

I'm afraid i've been lying in bed now for an hour and the panic is just taking over me. i honestly do not know what to do at this point - it's all getting a bit too much for me. My mouth is  burning so so badly but the anxiety over it is so much worse.

I've never felt fear like this in my life. I'm thinking I might have to go back to Ireland so at least I can be with my parents there. I'm so scared here and being in a flat alone just makes it so much worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 09:01:25 PM »
Being alone with anxiety like that is horrible, I agree.  Your mind just runs and runs and runs. 

Are you able to see someone to get on an antidepressant and a benzo?  That's what changed my life.  Along with the journaling etc.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: