Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 6th week Escitalopram  (Read 131 times)

Offline mynameisb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
6th week Escitalopram
« on: February 16, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »
Hey! So my 6th week on Escitalopram endedand since Monday I'm feeling more stable so I guess it started doing the job. I had derealization for 2 months, it was increased by tiredness and night time. I had insomnia at first so I couldn’t sleep but it was gone after 2 days. After that I had trouble falling asleep because I was scared I would day or that world will change when I'm asleep (rather strange feeling, I must say). I had VERY vivid dreams, but they weren't scary, some were actually pretty funny. I suffered from tiredness and nausea, I lost 4 kg when i started my antidepressants. Then my symptoms became more psychological. Now, I don't really have problems with physical pain but psychological symptoms were HELL. I would wake up up thinking I was still dreaming everything looked so unreal. I started having existential thoughts to the point I was so aware of m consciousness and existence that I was freaking out because i'm alive and because i'm human. Anxiety attacks would wake me up in the middle of the night and i would have severe depersonalization, i couldn’t feel my body, my mind felt like it was on the other side of the room. I was also terriffied of taking xanax because when i first took it i had placebo reaction (lol my mind wants to destroy me) but it helped later altough i did'nt take more than 4 tablets in 2 months, i know benzos are addictive. Going to school was so hard but i knew i shouldn't give up. My friends felt like robots and i was constantly texting my dad asking him if this was real lol. I was also afraid i would have an obe experience or astral projection or something like that (i never liked things of that nature, so I guess they started scaring me when my anxiety was high). Things that helped me are: music, books, doing my regural activities altough it was hard (school, 2 choirs, youfra etc.), sunshine, socializing (also hard), regular water intake, my religion (Roman-Catholic), anime and pc games (but not too much or derealization would increase. Subjects such as psychology and biology also helped because while studying i would feel more.. real i guess, more down to earth. At one point i was prepared to live my life like that, i was even a bit suicidal (also side effect). I also thought i was going crazy and was constantly expecting hallucinations lol. But i'm feeling pretty normal now (still have existential thoughts but the don't bother me like before and Derealization when i screw up my sleep pattern heh). Sorry for English, I just wanted to share my experience. I wish you all the best, you're in my prayers (like it or not :P
~B
Bookmark and Share
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
"Then I will break that curse. If there's such thing as peace, I will find it. I won't give up!"
~Uzumaki Naruto~

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 6th week Escitalopram
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
Hi "B"...

Thanks for your post!  I am so glad to hear that you are doing better on the Lexapro.  I know it has been a rough journey for you, as I have been there on more then one occasion.  As time goes on, you should continue to see more improvement.

Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

As always, the very, very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: