Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnant again...why am I so anxious??  (Read 161 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Pregnant again...why am I so anxious??
« on: February 16, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
Hey guys,

so I quite unexpectedly found out that I am pregnant a few days ago and I have been a wreck ever since. I've gone through the whole process already so you'd think that would make it easier but its actually put me more on edge. I am terrified of having something go wrong. Is this common in 2nd pregnancies?

What's also bothering me is that I have a pain on my left side near my hip bone that comes and goes. I've had issues with my fallopian tube for years that isn't anything bothersome but I keep freaking out that I'm going to have a tubal pregnancy. My rational side keeps trying to tell me that I have been very constipated lately (sorry for the tmi but this seems so common in early pregnancy!), have been straining and might have strained some muscles. Anyhow, not sure why I'm worrying so much but really hope this goes away soon.

Anyone else deal with a lot of anxiety in pregnancy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant again...why am I so anxious??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:26:05 AM »
I'm 12 weeks along on my second pregnancy and while I'm less worried about loosing the baby than I was last time my anxiety is through the roof. I'm really worried about the delivery, as my first was extremely unpleasant. I really wanted a natural birth, but my water broke at 36 weeks and the nurse gave me put to induce labor against my wishes!  I was reading that I hAd 24 hours to start labor on my own before I was induced and she said 'your dr won't let that happen. It went downhill from there. I'm terrified of another bad birthing experience. I'm also scared of needing a c section. AND I'm worried about having two children under the age of 2.

On top of that my normal anxiety is through the roof. I think I'm dying every day. I think a lot of it is hormones messing us up. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
Lo213, you're right, I bet hormones do play a big role in this. Maybe I was this anxious in the beginning last time and I just don't remember? I know my anxiety really settled down very nicely mid way through my pregnancy so I guess there is hope! I also find the first trimester such a nail biting time because your pregnancy isn't established yet.

I'm sorry you had a bad birthing experience. Do you live in the US? It seems that they are on a tight schedule there and if you don't give birth within a certain "window" they pull out the pitocin (which generally makes most births a lot worse...). Have you talked to any one about your fears? It you like I can PM you about a hypnobirthing program I did for delivery. It worked so well that the nurses said I was the talk of the ward because I was so calm from start to finish (you can imagine I had no intention of telling her that I'm a regular BIG time hypo and anxiety sufferer!!). I might look for a similar program from the same woman for pregnancy...if she makes one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
I just found i am pregnant as well and have had so much anxiety. Two years ago I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks so I can't help but think negatively about this one. I also have this breast cancer fear right now because I had calcifications and cysts in my left breast and i am supposed to have a follow up mammogram in March. So obviously I won't be able to go through with this of this pregnancy works out. I think it's the hormones too that just mess with you and hopefully our second trimester will be better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 04:06:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the US. Our birthing system is so messed up, and I'm jealous of my friends in Canada who loved their birthing experience. I hated the way I wasn't allowed to get out of bed, and then I had back labor and the nurse kept coming in and yelling at me for moving in the bed during contractions because it was messing up their monitors!  It just all felt so, medical, instead of beautiful. Then I felt like I was being held hostage. I was tired and trying to get used to taking care of a baby with hourly inturruptions from nurses, doctors, and even a lady trying to sell me photos!  They made me stay for two days after the birth simply because I was a new mom. And they said I could leave AMA but not my baby!  I wish I could have a home birth but Medicaid won't cover one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:02:59 PM »
Hello ladies -

I'm afraid I can't offer much help besides informing you that I'm a doula. I HIGHLY suggest looking into one for your pregnancy/labor/delivery/post partum period. She can help alleviate your anxieties about your current and previous births and miscarriages.

Here is my website to check out a little more info on what I do as a doula, and what most doulas do. Please don't hesitate to look into getting one. I had one for my VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and she inspired me to become a doula as well. We can help you! Especially with anxiety. Please look up one in your area!

www.comfortandjoydoula.com
Bookmark and Share

Tags: