Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Waking up with the room spinning....  (Read 410 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Waking up with the room spinning....
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
Has anyone had this? I've had it for a week or two now. I'll wake up, the room will literally spin, I have to close my eyes because it's spinning and blink a lot, but it resolves after waking up. Today, after laying on my back, the room spun so badly that I almost went back to sleep. It makes me fear that I have a heart rhythm issue in my sleep and that the dizziness is the aftermath of it when I wake up. I haven't Googled this one as of yet. Has anyone had similar issues?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking up with the room spinning....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »
Yes, I've had it -  you don't get spinning dizziness from the heart.  Probably benign positional vertigo because it is brought on by certain positions.  I just had it where I couldn't brush my hair upside down 100 times like I do in the morning, that position would literally have me grabbing the bathroom sink and then up-righting my head until things stopped spinning.  It could last days or it could last weeks.
Could also be an inner ear problem like some fluid in there or some earwax stuck to your eardrum. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
I have a history of vertigo issues from this year, it does suck & I almost fainted from it.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
Hi, I have suffered from several severe vertigo attacks over the last few years.  As Sunlover said, it is probably BBPV.  There are exercises you can do to help with this but you will need to see your doctor first and then probably a physical therapist.

Vertigo like you are describing is very rarely caused by heart problems.  It is usually an inner ear disorder and there are several other things that can cause it, most all of them non-serious.  Doctors will usually try to rule the serious stuff out and then end up telling you then don't know what it is.   :dazed:  Seriously, it is often very diffiuclt to diagnose the actual cause of vertigo as there are many causes and the vertigo feels the same no matter what is causing it.  Since yours is short lasting there is a good chance it is BPPV.  Because vertigo and dizziness go hand in hand and people have different definitions for them, you doctor will probably want you to describe what is happening without using the words vertigo or dizzy.

To me the feeling of vertigo is one of the worst feelings in the world so I can sympathize with you. It feels horrible and it is very scary.  My attacks have lasted hours and I have had to go to the ER by ambulance several times.  I've been to several different doctors and it seems each one has a different idea as to what it the problem is (and so far, none has ever even suggested it might be from the heart).
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:59 PM »
I have had vertigo before and it is no fun. Coincidentally I have had some very light fuzzy dizziness in my head the past 3 days non stop. It isnt too bad but it is enough to drive me crazy and cause panic. ( I tend to panic when I feel new symptoms and I feel as if something life threatening is wrong with me and think the worst) its almost like a Depersonalization feeling. Im wondering if anyone has experienced this or if anyone has any insight? Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
It would be best to get checked out by an ENT physician, as their specialty is dizziness and vertigo.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: