Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like MS?  (Read 605 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like MS?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:53 AM »
No I'm yet to see a neurologist but I've had about 8 different neurological tests that I passed. It's just very frustrating knowing something's wrong and not having any answers. I'm hoping my GP agrees to a referral for an MRI when I see them on Thursday
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jade1

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
Hi mrdave,

I've had many similar symptoms as you in the past 20 months...Twitching, burning feeling on skin, dizziness, etc. I did get 2 brain MRI's and 1 cervical spine MRI. Unfortunately, it has not answered any of my questions. The MRIs came back normal. I also saw a Neuro 3 times in the past year and a half: She's telling me my Sx are caused by anxiety.

Now the main thing that is bothering me is that some of my fingers are twitching. It freaks me out so much. I had my GP give me a referral to get an EMG. I have an appointment only in April..I have two months to wait.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
I have a lot of the same symptoms as you. I've had neurological exams and have been told I unlikely have MS since they came back clear. As I am in Canada, a doctor has to think you need an MRI before they will order one, and the doctors will not order one for me. I'm thinking of visiting the US and buying one there to put my mind at ease.

I posted today about all my symptoms and I am sure that there is something seriously wrong with me. Check it out and let me know if you have a lot of the same symptoms. In the mean time, try not to worry too much. I know, easier said than done.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
If you have a clear MRI surely that should reassure you that you're suffering fr
Anxiety? I doubt they'll refer me for a scan but I really hope they do, I need answers urgently cos things are deteriorating rapidly
Bookmark and Share

Tags: