Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: someone help me  (Read 188 times)

Offline jocbrinick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
someone help me
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
I feel like I can't get through the days. I stay at home and I can't stand being alone. My boyfriend doesn't care and made it clear that he has no sympathy for me because I have no reason to be depressed.I cry all the time. My whole body shakes. I feel like ppl don't like me or are mad at me all the time. I don't do anythin. I can't. I don't cook, barely clean. Don't get dressed. I don't eat. I feel like a loser. We are fighting because he thinks I'm just being lazy. I'm aassuming I have anxiety and depression. Today was day 4 of 20mg Prozac. I feel lost alone and scared. Like im not going to get back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cerwindel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: someone help me
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »
Take some deep breaths.. Lots of us have been there.. Ian assuming you were diagnosed with both? The Prozac takes time to kick in.. In the meantime consider looking through a lot of posts on here, there is some excellent stuff on self therapy..

Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PlainJayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
Please don't feel alone...you aren't.  I am going through a very similar period and have dealt with anxiety for many years.  I don't have the energy for any of those things either (dishes are in the sink and laundry is piling up - I normally can't bear to let this happen!) and my husband, although he tries to be supportive, does not fully understand.  So then I feel guilty and ashamed and even worse about myself.   I can't tell you how many times I have said I am a loser...the negative thoughts never help.  I am struggling to make myself believe I'm not a loser either right now.   :winking0008:
Give the Prozac some time to work.  That's the problem with meds...they take a bit before they kick in and the waiting can be excruciating. I am going through a med change now and I understand.  Have faith...just give it time.  Be kind to yourself and know that things will get better.  Most importantly, you are NOT alone.  (((hugs)))
Bookmark and Share

Offline Makayla

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »
I feel your pain my friend. I know exactly how your feeling.  Just a couple years ago I would be lucky to be able to sweep the floor on any given day, being overwhelmed over just having to breathe and get through each day. I remember one day I mentioned to my grandma that I was depressed (and I was crippling depressed), but she just said, "depressed? you have nothing to be depressed about." Well I know depression can look like some phase we can soon snap out of in the eyes of others who haven't experienced it, but we know what it's like, and you are not in this alone.

My husband doesn't understand either (which is understandable) why I struggle with simple everyday tasks, but it's not the end of the tunnel, as long as there's hope and we are doing whatever we can to reach the light. I am here if you need to talk.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline jocbrinick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
I don't want to do anything. I find myself not even taking care of my kids properly. I seriously don't know how to cope with this everyday. Everyone says it will get better just be patient. But I don't see it getting any better
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything