Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hemmorhoids  (Read 266 times)

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Hemmorhoids
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I've had hemms all of my life and do have flare ups occasionally. My last one was absolutely excruciating and now I am having another one but not as bad.

I just want to know from fellow sufferers, how long do they usually last? I think my last flare up lasted two weeks or more. I've had this flare up for exactly a week today and it has gotten a lot better, thankfully, but I still have them.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline Makayla

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hemmorhoids
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »
Sad to say I've had problems with them myself. It's one of the most painful experiences to suffer. I only had them a hand full of time, and the first couple times it lasted about a week and a half because I was clueless on preventing it from getting worst. But the last times it reared it's ugly head I bought some hemmorhoid Preparation H suppositories right when I felt the first signs of it flaring up, like a burning, itchy sensation, and it didn't blow up much, and only lasted a few days. I also soaked in really hot water and epsom salt  to help it heal faster.

It's nothing fun to have. I don't have to deal with them until I have to travel long distance. I'm glad your a lot better. Any relief at all is a blessing. I would like to know if there are ways to totally prevent them from flaring up altogether, besides a healthy diet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »
Well, this time around mines lasted about a week exactly. I still have occasional itching because they aren't totally gone but no more discomfort, thankfully.

Your right, they are the most painful experience ever. During my really bad flare up about a year ago, they literally had me crying. I could hardly take it and I deal with pain pretty well. I don't wish them on my worst enemy.

I actually used hemm wipes with witch hazel and it seemed to work pretty well. I think that's why the flare up didn't last longer or felt worst. The package says you can use it as a prevention. Other than avoiding constipation, you also can keep the hemms at bay by not sitting on any hard surface. A very hard office chair was what caused my flare up last year. A perfect sitting surface is firm but flexible, not hard like a rock. Also if your on your feet for a prolonged period of time, you can experience a flare up. That's what caused my flare up this time. I was on my feet all day last weekend practically.

And of course stress can cause them, which is something I had no clue about. That means that people like us, with anxiety, will experience them more often. Anxiety is the hardest to prevent so I guess my hemms will eventually return.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:11:38 PM »
Oh I have had them last about 2 months.
They are not comfortable but they are usually not serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Makayla

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
I didn't know it can flare up from standing up a long time, I don't understand how that works, but I did know they can flare up by sitting on really hard surfaces like concrete, traveling long distance, constipation and during pregnancy. 

I'm not surprised about anxiety causing them since mental health usually affects our physical health, and vice versa. Hopefully I won't have to deal with them, at least no time soon, but I will look into the hemm wipes and witch hazel. Not a time I'm looking forward to.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: