Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Racing for No Reason!  (Read 100 times)

Offline lashla

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart Racing for No Reason!
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »
Hello AZ!

Last night I was trying to sleep and noticed that my heart was beating unusually hard and fast. I could even hear it! It was a little bit annoying, and as somebody with a long list of physical symptoms from anxiety I wasn't frightened by it. I tried breathing deep and slow, but it seemed like the more I tried to control it, the worse it got, and therefore the more afraid I got. I eventually had to get out of bed and watch a show to distract myself. When I was watching my show, it stopped! But when I tried to go back to bed, it my heart started racing AGAIN!

I ended up getting up and watching TV until 2 am. Ugh. I'm sure this was anxiety-related, but I've never experienced anything that has lasted this long.

My anxiety attacks usually come out of the blue. It starts with some kind of physical symptom, which then launches me into an anxiety attack (not the other way around). It was pretty scary and I almost wanted to go to the ER. Does anybody else experience something like this that hits you out of the blue? Could this be bad for my heart health? Should I go seek help?

Lauren
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Racing for No Reason!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
I got those occasionally. However you should look into GERD as well. Did you have any other symptoms such as pain in the left breastbone, too much saliva or a bad taste in your mouth?

Also try to control the anxiety attack. That makes things worse. Let it run it's course. Of course do your deep breathing and try to relax. I find when I try to control it, it only gets worse.

If I wake up with it and can't go back to sleep, I watch a stupid and boring movie for about 15 minutes. It really does help. If it's my stomach, I'll take an antacid.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: