Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to this  (Read 84 times)

Offline jocbrinick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new to this
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »
I'm new to this site and everything its about. For about a month and a half I've been feeling like certain people are mad at me even though they aren't. Icry all the time for no reason, I don't eat, don't want to clean, cook our even get showered and dressed. I dont want to be alone even for a few minutes.I twist my hair in knots and pull it out. I'm a stay at home mom and my son goes to preschool for 2 hrs a day. I went to the Dr and she put me on Prozac 20mg for anxiety and depression. Today I took my 4th pill and I feel no different. I have a huge fear that they aren't going to work and I'm never going to feel better. I barely get through each day. Every morning I wake up with a knotted up feeling in my stomach. Can anyone relate to this. Or am I all alone. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to this
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:02 PM »
Welcome to the board Joc,

Let me tell ya something. I feel the exact same way you do the way you expressed how certain people are mad at you even though they aren't. That was one of the main factors that pushed me to see a psychiatrist, turns out I have Social Anxiety. I always fear repercussions (I'm not an easy guy to beat down) and not neccessarily am I afraid of getting hurt, I just fear for my self image. I hate going out in public, I hate going out to bars, and just being out in the social atmosphere triggers my anxiety.

I sought help, as you did, I went to a Psychiatrist and broke down and cried because it was eating at me so badly. Granted I'm a 22 year old college student you could expect the Psychiatrist was thinking I was in there for no means other than to just get drugs... but she reached out and helped when she heard of my situation...

I always felt like I had to watch over my back but things are getting better.

She prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft and .5mg clonazepam x 2 a day. I am 8 days in already and right now the Clonazepam is the only thing that's really keeping my head level.

When you start a new SSRI like Zoloft or prozac you're most likely going to feel some negative effects for the first couple of weeks. Did your doctor prescribe you a benzodiazepene (Xanax,Valium,Ativan,Klonopin) to help blanket some of these potential Anxiety Spikes from the Prozac? Have you taken it before?

Don't be alarmed if you notice a feeling of difference, your doctor has probably scheduled you with a followup appointment either a month out or even sooner just to see how things are going.

Don't expect any relief from the Prozac right away, it's like a growth pill.. It will take anywhere from (6-12 weeks) to reach it's potential.... and your doctor will adjust your dosage accordingly.

Don't hesitate to contact your doctor if you start to feel like your anxiety is worsened be4cause he can prescribe you these "As- Needed" Benzos to take the edge off.

Whenever youre struggling, hop on in here and post around, or Join the chat room.
We are open minded and we don't judge.

Take care girlie. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline jocbrinick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
This is my first time on anything  like this. She gave me hydroxy zine but it just makes me sleepy. My boyfriend doesnt understand and tells me I need to grow up and be a mom. We are in a huge fight now cuz I didn't make lunch today
Bookmark and Share

Tags: