Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attack??  (Read 109 times)

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
Panic attack??
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:05:40 AM »
Last night about 5:30 I got this horrible feeling wash over me like I was going to pass out.  I was on the phone with a friend and figured it would pass and it did for about 30 seconds, then another wave washed over me, finally I made an excuse to get off the phone because I had no idea what was happening to me (it wasn't what people say - my vision wasn't going dark, my heart was beating very normally, etc but I felt REALLY weird!!!!) I got off the phone and I thought, "Ah, OK it's gone", then another wave hit me - it must have lasted about 20 minutes coming in waves, then I was fine by 5:50 - my ears were also hot and red!  Is that a panic attack?  (being that my heart was beating totally normally (about 70 bpm, could that STILL be a panic attack??  WITHOUT palpitations, WITHOUT shortness of breath?  WITHOUT anything but the weird faint feeling??) - And no, it wasn't a hypoglycemic thing.  I know what that feels like and it wasn't the same.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attack??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »
Bump this, I can see that as a panic attack, but really I'm curious.

Hope you're alright.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:18:36 AM »
I'm not too sure either, but it kind of sounds like how I experience derealisation. I usually get this AFTER a couple of days of heightened stress. Have you been particularly worried about anything lately?

Not sure if anyone else has any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:23:43 AM »
I'm not too sure either, but it kind of sounds like how I experience derealisation. I usually get this AFTER a couple of days of heightened stress. Have you been particularly worried about anything lately?

Not sure if anyone else has any ideas?

YES!  I've been worried about stuff plus I've been stressed about all this SNOW lately!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:27:04 AM »
It could be something like that then?

I know sometimes after a really stressful few days (after everything starts to settle) ill have a day or two of that horrible feeling wash over me. It's really noticeable and absolutely horrible, and especially scary to experience while walking or driving.  After that wave of feeling I usually feel disconnected from what's going on around me. Like nothing is quite real, if that makes sense?

It usually goes away for me in a few days though. :)

If you're no better in a day or two it might be worth seeing someone to get a check up but it sounds like what I get from what you described.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:19 AM »
Oh I was fine in 20 minutes, I'm totally normal today (normal for ME that is! LOL!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1looneychick

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 06:33:22 AM »
yes!  i get panic attacks just like this - the best clue is when my ears start burning.  i try to do deep breathing until it passes
Bookmark and Share

Online Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
Sunflower,

When my bad panic attacks started, I had a super stressful day. It took me 2 hours to get home. I had to go to a meeting. I sat and immediately was hit by a blinding headache. I thought I was having a stroke because not only did I have a headache but I felt out of sorts like I was far away (which turned out to be derealization). I managed to make it through the meeting without asking for an ambulance.

Previously anxiety had been prickly skin but when I had that bad panic attack, the symptoms changed. It comes out in weird ways and at whenever it wants. I even had a panic attack while I was taking a nice warm relaxing bath.

I live in New York so I understand the stress about the snow (And it's snowing right now).
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »
Thanks Lara!  I was wondering this time because this was a kind of panic attack I never had before.  It just felt so WEIRD, no other way to describe it!  So it CAN hit in all various ways...   (it just stopped snowing here - I'm in NJ)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: