Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can I stop worrying about my weight loss?  (Read 195 times)

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can I stop worrying about my weight loss?
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:40:12 AM »
I've posted a couple of times now about weight loss so I'm sorry if this is repetitive...

I've recently been quite stressed and haven't been eating as well. The past couple of weeks I've definitely improved my eating habits but still can't seem to put on any weight.

I changed my pill about 2-3 months ago as well and the weight loss seems to be about 2-2.5kg.

Could my OLD pill have caused me to put on weight and the new one has gotten me back down to where I was?

Is it safe to stop worrying about the weight loss now - its been relatively stable and I haven't seemed to have lost any more over the past 10 days or so?

It's worrisome because 2.5 kg is quite a bit to lose when you aren't trying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can I stop worrying about my weight loss?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:33 AM »
I don't really know how much 2.5 kg is.  But how much of a percent of body weight for you is that?
Anyway, if you were on a losing streak with that pill, then started eating more normally, you'd STILL lose for about a week or so, then stabilize for a few weeks THEN start to gain it back.  See if you start putting some weight on in about 2 weeks, I bet you will.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
I think it's about 5.7 pounds going from the converter I just found online. 

I was at my heaviest when I was on my last pill. I'm just hoping it's the combination of swapping pills and a couple of weeks of not eating properly and not something more serious.

If it's stabilised for a bit over a week - that has to be a good sign it's nothing too bad, right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:53:43 AM »
Oh yes, that's fine, you should start seeing weight come back.  And that's not even a lot of weight at ALL - you're fine  :yes:
(once stress took me from 137 pounds to 111 in 1 month!   And I really paid attention how I was gaining it back.   I was at 112 when I started eating fairly normal again, dropped to 111, of course I was freaking out... then it seemed to have stayed at 111 for the longest time before it started gradually going up.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »
I was in the same position as you.

If you remember my reply to one of your topics, it was long, and it perfectly described my situation.

Well since then, I've gained 8 pounds back and it seems to have suspended my weight loss worry.

I am not saying that I am completely over it, but it makes a big difference when it comes to my worries.

Yours doesn't sound concerning, really. It was also difficult for me to accept that nothing was wrong with me in spite of the absence of other symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
Thanks guys. Ill try to stop worrying about it and see how it goes over the next week or two.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
When you say pill, do you mean birth control? If so yes. Some pills make you gain weight, so switching to another might cause weight loss. Also you said yourself you haven't been eating well.

And the weight loss is very small which shouldn't matter unless your very thin. It's probably a mix of anxiety, not eating, and switching meds.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: