Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When to visit the doc - or just wait it out?  (Read 203 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
When to visit the doc - or just wait it out?
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
Well - It's been about 2 weeks since I began experiencing this pressure on my right temple (to be more specific ... the pressure is right beside my right eye); and about a week since I started the antibiotics (which I have since finished). I'm still experiencing the pressure in my temple that comes and goes and I am unsure what to make of it really.

It doesn't occur with nausea - as worried as I am when they occur - my headaches don't seem to be related to the pressure (as the same headaches can happen on the other side of my head too and don't come and go with the pressure).

I know anxiety and tension can cause a lot of symptoms, this included. However I was wondering if at any point I should consider going to the doctor's? Or should I just try and keep this chalked up to anxiety?

Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: When to visit the doc - or just wait it out?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »
I would honestly wait it out a few more days, and distract yourself from it and see if it goes away. It is good that you completed your antibiotics, but I'm sure the problem should have subsided before you've ran out of antibiotics (which is why doctors press you to to continue to take ALL of them, even if you no longer feel the symptoms)

There can be a lot of stress that could take into play, but if the problem gets worse or it's prolonging itself after a few more days I would definitely go back to the doctor and get it checked out. It seems to be a little high to be a sinus issue since that would run just below your eye, but I could be wrong.

Save yourself some worry and ride it out a few days, but if things escalate get in and see that doctor.

Take care.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »
I agree with the previous post.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
Do you have tmj? I once had a headache that was in my temple - it lasted three weeks and turned out to be from tmj.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: