Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Neck veinous malformation or tumor- "heart in throat" pressure and heart worries  (Read 163 times)

Offline MorningGlory

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First of all, Happy Valentines Day to you all. Each one of you has a special place in my heart as we know that health anxiety and worrying can really wreck havoc on our spirits. You all offer such great support and insight, and are truly caring people.

Since October, I've had pulsating vision. Mentioning it to the eye doctor at my annual exam, he seemed alarmed and recommended I see a nuerologist and a cardiologist. Neurologist thought it was unusual but said I was fine. The heart doctor listened to my heart and said it was probably because my heart is working harder than it needs to (when going up stairs and stuff is when it happens) just because I have an overactive nervous system. I mentioned how I have a strong pulse in my supranastal notch (hollow in my throat, center dip in collarbone), and it was a bit dismissed because of the pulsating issues.

This intense heart beat and pressure in my supranastal notch/throat whenever my heart rate goes up is really starting to concern me. Also, whenever I burp, sometimes it disappears in a gurgle mid throat. When I put my finger in the notch, I feel a strong pulse with a weird vibration with it. I'm just waiting for it to be an artery to pop. Today I tried to exercise, and once I stopped to get water, I got palps and my chest felt all weird. The other night, I work up to slamming, loud, heartbeats. I also googled it a while back, and it showed how a thyroid tumor could put pressure on an important artery, causing the heart to be strained and thicken, etc, causing heart problems. Either this, or a veinous/artery malformation aneurysm would explain everything- from the pulsating vision to the pressure in my lower throat. It's been on my mind for a while and it's really starting to depress me.

I'm in college- these are supposed to be the best years of my life.  :( But instead I'm in on Valentines Day with a heavy heart trying to make sense of it all. This has really gotten me down for a while, so I decided to make a post and reach out to all of you. Does anyone have my similar symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: