Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: is it a blurry vision?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is it a blurry vision?
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
Ever since my  big toe started tingling MS fear has started crawling in again slpwly.

Anyway, for the past 2 weeks or so, I have notices that when I look distant words, like subtitle for tv 3-4 meters distant, I see like a small reflection of the word on top of it. When I get close 1m or so, I don't see it. Also whwn I look at those shinny billboards I see also reflection of the words.

I have no idea was it always like that and I started noticing it now, or I have blurry vision for some medical reasons.

Any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: is it a blurry vision?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
Sounds like you need new glasses or just glasses if you don't already wear them.  From a distance things will look "double" sort of when your eyes need some help. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »
People don't look double, things don't look double, only when I look at a light, or a screen like monitor from a distance it doesn't get doubled, but it has some reflection. When I look at that monitor light at bottom right corner from i distance, it also has reflection.

Don't know if it's the light effect, eyes, anxiety, neuro thing...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:56:53 PM »
I guess it's hard to know what you are describing.  I'm thinking of when I'd look at a Christmas tree with lights on it - if I look at it without glasses all I see are HUGE balls of light all overlapping each other. If your eyes are just a little bad then there'd just be a little extra on the light, if they were real bad everything is distorted.  For instance, here's how I would see Christmas tree lights without my glasses, see how each light is very "doubled"?   If your eyes were only a LITTLE bad you'd just see a little outline (hard to explain really!  I'd have your eyes checked for new glasses - or glasses)

Bookmark and Share

Offline mmhhmm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
I had that a month or so ago. I would get in my car when it's dark out and before I put on my seatbelt, the seatbelt light would look like a double. I actually think that is when my anxiety was just starting back up. I made an appointment with my eye doctor and my eyes are perfectly healthy. My vision hasn't changed, although I have a very slight astigmatism in one eye now. I didn't think to ask if that was what could be causing the funny lights. I think it was anxiety now though, because I developed dry mouth a couple of weeks after that and have been becoming more and more anxious that something is wrong with me since then...

Bookmark and Share

Offline olwen2207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:09:59 PM »
i had the exact same thing a what you are describing, if the subtitles were up on the tv i would see a shadow of the words just above, this really heightened my anxiety and i was positive i had a brain tumor or i was going to take a fit but i went to the opticians and turned out i am short sighted, ever since having my new glasses i dont suffer from it anymore at all, i do still have my vision effected when i am at the midst of a bad anxiety attack, but generally, day to day, my eyesight has improved so much, so i would recommend getting your eyes checked
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:40 AM »
Thank you all.

My main fear is optical neuritis since from previous Googling I know it has smth to do with MS and blurry vision, but I don't want to start Googling again.

Can it be that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »
I think it's just astigmatism. That's what my LASIK surgeon said. I see it at night or when I'm looking at subtitles the reflection would be downwards.

Does it go away when you squint?

I had my eyes checked by my regular doctor a few weeks ago because it would always give me anxiety. He ajined the light in my eyes and said they look perfectly fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »
I noticed that my vision during the day is much better than at night. It improves when I squint I think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »
Typical myopia - go get some nice glasses... :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
Nah...I am sexy enough without glasses. :D Anyway, I heard that you shouldn't wear glasses when you don't need to, 'cause your eyes get lazy that way and your vision gets worse. I will definitely go to ophthalmologist to check it out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »
I squint and my vision gets better. If i am not wearing my glasses. It does sound like you may need them. Not a very strong prescription. I only needed a prescription in one of my eyes
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »
Nah...I am sexy enough without glasses. :D Anyway, I heard that you shouldn't wear glasses when you don't need to, 'cause your eyes get lazy that way and your vision gets worse. I will definitely go to ophthalmologist to check it out.

Yes!  Now that you mentioned that I recall hearing that also.  As long as you aren't stressing over your vision, and as long as you can drive safely, then I guess I wouldn't get them (you probably will be given a prescription for them, but you don't have to fill it)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »
Any news from the ophthalmologist?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
Didn't go today...my anxiety is much lower so I am not in a hurry to check them. Will tell as soon as I go.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: