Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New!  (Read 123 times)

Offline cerwindel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New!
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
Hi - I am new to the forums.. I am a new father recently diagnosed with GAD.. I am pretty sure ive had GAD all my life and it was disguised as IBS by many of my past physicians.. It usually manifests itself in Nausea for me and obsessing over everything..

Its a strange thing to be completely neurotic about things that can happen that my mind makes them happen..

I can't even take cruises out of the anxiety and fear I will get seasick or Norovirus. My wife basically told me I drive her nuts with it all the time!

So yeah thats me in a nutshell.. hah - Nutshell..

Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: New!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
Welcome to the boards cerwindel,

Congratulations on being a new father and glad to hear that you have gotten a proper diagnosis. Anxiety is a helpful thing... It keeps us alive and living... keeps us safe in emergencies. but like you, and the rest of us here we got a little extra dose of it.

It's all mind over matter (In a nutshell) and what your mind things your body shall follow. It's much more scarier when emotions and feelings are affected and triggered... unlike getting a sliver in your finger or something like that... it's never healing... one must learn to handle and live with it... it's an ongoing battle in my personal opinion.

HAve you sought out any treatments such as therapy and/or medication? even self help remedies?

It's not uncommon for the spouse, friends, strangers, people in the workplace to think you're being irrational.... They don't feel the same way you feel. we're all entitled to our own feelings and our own emotions... You can't just "knock it off." you can't just "stop thinking the way you're thinking." It's like looking at a purple giraffe and trying to tell your mind "quit it, it's not a purple giraffe".

She will adapt to it, and it's nothing to hide.

Feel free to post on the boards, we are all very open minded people and we do not judge.

Post around.

Welcome to the boards. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:06:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
Welcome Cerwindle,

Just wanted to say that Potato hit the nail on the head and he is so right!!

You will overcome this and be back to enjoying life and I do hope your wife become more supportive and understands this is not that easy to just get over and with her help you would get better quicker but if she can not understand and many don't then it is up to you too seek help and you have come to the right place and also getting a good Therapist would help some are better then others so that can be trial and error... but don't give up..

Anxiety can cause so many symptoms and IBS usually goes with anxiety and panic also depression... it is a like riding a bike in circles..

You reminded me of Austin Powers lol Let me out of this BLOODY NUTSHELL !!  :happy0151:
Take care and you will beat this !!! Come join in on chat and meet some people who also understand..
PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Offline cerwindel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Thanks all!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything