Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: About a lymph node  (Read 158 times)

Offline JenMarie279

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
About a lymph node
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
So, I haven't been posting on here lately because I was 10000000000% CONVINVED that I had cancer.  I had a pretty big lymph node under my arm.  It was hard and barely mobile.  Dr. Google told me that it was cancer.

I went into a terrible downward spiral.  The had to wait to get a biopsy.  So, while I waited, totally convinced that the cancer was eating me alive because everything was taking so long, I ended up in the ER, went on a non-stop googling rampage, barely ate, and barely functioned.  Each morning I woke up in a panic.  I pictured my life undergoing treatments and being unable to care for my children.  This consumed me.  On Monday morning I had my biopsy.  Then the waiting for results...more time to worry, google, convince myself that this is it, I am going to die. 

This morning I got my results back.  Totally benign.  I was, and still am, completely shocked.  I wasted SO much time worrying and crying.  I am so insanely happy and relieved right now.

So, the lesson.  Not EVERY hard, enlarged, and immobile lymph node is malignant.  I'm not saying that it isn't something that shouldn't be checked out.  Dr. Google isn't always right, though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: About a lymph node
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »
Glad your alright! I have a pretty movable one in my neck that I have had since I was 6 or 7 (i'm 20 now). Its hard but moves around quite a bit, but its also a bit over 2 cm big. Its been this size ever since I first found it. Its annoying to sit there and feel it move around, but I know that most childhood lymphomas are very aggressive, so if it was anything to worry about I would have a tennis ball sized lump in my neck by now.

Promise yourself you will go back to your life after this. I had a colonoscopy in July and I was certain I had colon cancer. I was perfectly healthy. Then it was MS, and now recently, lymphoma. Its such a messed up spiral that will catch you in it unless you do anything about it. I'm a lot better now, but I still worry. Its a long road.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »
I am totally feeling concerned about a lymph node in the groin.
I can not feel it but when I stand up and I swear I can see a bump when I stand up.
I am trying to be calm about the whole thing because there are others in my family who have health issues.
I do not want to concern others because I have lived through my sister having Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
She is well now but it was not easy for her. She found it in her groin.
I have had health issues that have put me through a hard time already and well I am just frightened.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tomjohn

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »
I posted earlier about lymph nodes today, and that got me touching the palpable ones I have in my neck. I am not sure if one of them has grown or not, but I started freaking out a bit. However I had a lot of testing done (chest X-ray, two cbc, and ultrasound of the nodes) back in the end of July. Nothing suspicious.
Neither the ones in my neck, or the ones in my groin.
Bookmark and Share
Got to stay positive

Tags: