Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New member  (Read 90 times)

Offline seti

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »
Hi everyone! I found this site while googling anxiety info. I think I've always had anxiety issues but until a few months ago it was really mild. Then we were notified hubby might lose his job and I had bigger panic attacks. Not 10 minutes and it peaked, hours of feeling just out of sorts and just weird. A few times I went to the ER, they did blood work and nothing of course.

My primary care doc has seen me more in these last months than in the entire 6 years I've lived here. She has been really helpful and supportive, much more so than my therapist. Tried to find a new therapist couldn't get into one that accepts my insurance. In the meantime hubby did lose his job, and in some ways having it not hanging over our heads has helped some.

Right now using deep breathing and a few other self calming methods if I notice myself feeling anxious. Have good days in which I feel almost like my self and can enjoy my kids without feeling like the anxiety cloud is overhead but it does creep in like the insidious jerk that it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:01 PM »
Welcome to the boards,

There is plenty of support here. ANYTIME Something is bothering you feel free to post. we are judgement free here.

What does your PCD say about your situations? Has he/she tried to prescribe you anything? Have you been fully diagnosed for Anxiety?

Sounds like you're doing great self help remedies and I hope you find a new therapist that understands you.

Right now I'm doing both. I'm sticking it out and sometimes it's hard to keep your chi nup but you gotta do what you gotta do. It's life.

With your insurance, have you maybe tried seeking a Psychiatrist? Sometimes they are more understanding when it comes to medication and planning.

I only have to pay like a $20 copay everytime I go.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:04:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: