Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Klonopin  (Read 284 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:17:20 PM »
 :traurig001: so when my anxiety is intense 1mg of klonopin just doesn't work!!! I have been on 1mg for about 5 years now and I used to get prescriptions to take at least two a day, but nope the mental clinic will not give me more than 1mg a day!!! Like this morning I had to take one, unreality feelings, intense anxiety feelings just BLAH!!! Its 2:10 and I feel like I need another because my anxiety builds and its building!!! But I will end up running out!!! When my mind is a mess I just can't seem to get it together to think clearly and be like YES THIS IS JUST ANXIETY...but they won't probably even switch it because they are so against me being on it as it is and I can understand that but first of all they are the ones that have been giving it to me for so long!!! I have not even tried the latuda yet I am just so scared I just don't want anything to make what I feel any worse than what it already is oh and I have not took it because we had a major ice storm here and its a mess and i'm sure the mental clinic is not even open so if it makes me feel funny I did not want to have to go to the ER with trees and power lines down everywhere. Its pretty sad though when you can't even trust the mental clinic because you see so many doctors all of the time!!! Every one of them has a different opinion and will take you off meds and put you on different ones, its crazy!!! I think that's what lands people in their crisis unit all of the time because of how many times they will change your meds. The Seroquel helps greatly at night with anxiety but not during the day and I really need to get off of it because it makes me gain weight I don't need anymore weight gain and it messes with lipid panels...and the paxil well im on 30mg and I say it may be semi working but not that great because if it was I would not be feeling this way. Sorry this is kind of like a vent!! Also since last November I have been trying to get into therapy there and now its February and still I have got nothing. The other day they put YET another referral for counseling...How do these people expect me to get better without some form of therapy with this much anxiety"? I am trying to help myself to the best of my ability with the meds!!! Anyway thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline johnathonm

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
Have you called or told your doctor what's going on?
Bookmark and Share

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »
Yes I have that's why they gave me latuda!!!! Those people are a mess themselves out there. I have different doctors all the time!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »
so when my anxiety is intense 1mg of klonopin just doesn't work!!! I have been on 1mg for about 5 years now and I used to get prescriptions to take at least two a day, but nope the mental clinic will not give me more than 1mg a day!!!...

but they won't probably even switch it because they are so against me being on it as it is and I can understand that but first of all they are the ones that have been giving it to me for so long!

Sadly, this happens all too often which is why I steer people away from using benzodiazepines on a daily basis. Once you're stabilized on an effective antidepressant

the paxil well im on 30mg and I say it may be semi working but not that great because if it was I would not be feeling this way.

If you feel it is having some effect then increasing the dose to at least 40mg should be a priority. The maximum recommended dose if 60mg, however, there are some taking 80mg without an significant problems and a few on 100mg.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »
I'm only 7 days in on Zoloft and Klonopin.

1mg Klonopin doesn't do much good for me either. I don't like it. I'm going to talk to my Psych within this hour.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
Ian I can't figure out for the life of me why this lady did not suggest upping to 40mg??? Instead she gave me latuda!!! I mean I Just don't get it!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »
Ian I can't figure out for the life of me why this lady did not suggest upping to 40mg??? Instead she gave me latuda!!! I mean I Just don't get it!!!

I'm guessing because she focused on the problems the Seroquel was causing you and not on the real overriding problem, that Paxil isn't working well enough for you. If it was would you require Seroquel or Latuda?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
I highly doubt it..if the paxil was working really good I don't think I would need those!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
I highly doubt it..if the paxil was working really good I don't think I would need those!!!

Then Paxil should be the priority, either increasing the dose to an effective level, or switching to another antidepressant. Given you're still at a relatively low dose and that upping it is the easiest option this would be the most logical next step, IMHO.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags: