Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Strange symptoms, anyone else?  (Read 295 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Strange symptoms, anyone else?
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:08:29 AM »
I suffer symptoms 24/7 but recently have started suffering some very strange ones. I'm just wondering if anyone has suffered with these odd sensations.

Cold drops on skin- it could be my leg or my head, I feel like a rain drop has landed on my skin and it's very strange, becoming more common too

Burning eye- again lasts for a second and I feel a quick burning sensation in either eye

Hot itchy tingle- tends to be on my fingers or between my fingers and lasts a second before leaving

Joint pain- tends to be in fingers, wrist or feet, sharp pains that come and go.

Unsteady- feel very unsteady on feet when walking about, room seems to move, not necessarily dizzy, hard to explain.

Burning head- burning head sensation, comes and goes

Muscle pain- different muscles at different times. Random sharp pains that move about

Itchy feelings- change from place to place

Head pains- random head pains that last seconds. Often above eyes but all over head as well.

Rash- random facial rash that flares up, had this checked by 4 doctors who didn't seen to have why answer

Ear fullness- ears feel full on occasion with slight ringing

Twitches- muscle twitches everywhere from above my ear to stomach, to legs etc. very uncomfortable

Generally feel unwell- body feels strange, hard to explain

Memory problems

Increased aggression

Increased appetite

Tingling in fingers

I'm petrified of a brain tumour, MS, ALS or Lyme Disease as my symptoms are literaly 24-7 and so strange. Has anyone had these things? I'm undergoing CBT and currently on day 16 of Trazodone. I have had chest x rays, blood tests, optic nerve tests, urine tests, neurological exams all come back okay. I don't understand these symptoms at all, there's no let up. They've lasted for months and keep getting worse. No doctors will give me a scan
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange symptoms, anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:34 AM »
I have lots of those symptoms when my anxiety is really really really bad. I have had a brain mri with and without contrast. Although an abnormality was found, it has nothing to do with my symptoms and everything to do with my anxiety. Random sharp pains are normal in every person. My very trustworthy doc said this. I have burning eye and feel alot like the unsteadiness that you mentioned. Itchy feelings, head pains, twitches, these are all normal in EVERY human. Most just go with the flow. HAs, we over analyze.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
As I was reading all that I thought, "ah, maybe menopause!"  HOWEVER I looked at your name and no... that's not it  :yes:
Menopause symptoms presents with almost all the symptoms of a low thyroid OR anxiety.   So if you had your thyroid checked and it's fine, then it's anxiety.   Can't be a brain tumor because the tumor would only be in one area of the brain affecting only a certain thing.  Not all random things and randomly all over the body.  And some of those things could just be things that happen to everyone (ie:  The ear fullness could just be excess wax or some fluid in the ear)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 06:22:08 AM »
My internal physician told me that many vague symptoms are typically nothing serious and can
be attributed to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
i don't believe this is all anxiety i've read so much about misdiagnosis, how can they say i don't have a brain tumour or MS just from neurological tests, blood tests and checking my optic nerve.. they can't! today my left side feels weak, I've had pains down my left leg. I have a constant off balance feeling, twitches everywhere, head pains, cold dots that are becoming so SO frequent and my brain and body just feel really, REALLY wrong. This has gone on for months and is just getting worse. It started with tingling, dizziness and jerking awake just as i fell asleep & has progressed to this.

I've been back to the doctors and A&E about 15 times over 3 months as these symptoms have gotten so bad and not one person has ordered a scan despite my symptoms constantly getting worse and worse. I'm so sick of living this way with these horrible sensations reeking havoc on my life, i just want to know what's wrong with me, anxiety doesn't cause joint pain and cold dots, surely? i'm fed up of this hell. I've read people who got scans with so many fewer symptoms than me, they're just waiting for me to have a seizure or completely lose function before i get a scan, i really don't understand why they don't rule these things out before giving an anxiety diagnosis.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »
MrDave, I am sorry you are feeling so awful.  I know how scary and demoralizing it can be.  I've had neurological symptoms on and off for 9 years.  It is hell.  I get surges from my chest (kind of like adrenaline) and prickly sensations in the skin of both legs.  My legs also feel really swollen and heavy at times.  I've been tested extensively including MRI's, nerve tests, blood tests,  the works.... and everything comes back normal.  The only problem that has been found is a herniation in my lower back, but apparently this wouldn't cause my symptoms; at least that is what my neurologist said. 

My physician has said it could be anxiety, my lower back.... He isn't really sure.  I keep thinking I have an auto immune disease, but the blood tests haven't shown that. 

Just try to keep focused on other things - I know that is easier said than done.  There are two books out by Dr. John Sarno.  One is called the Divided Mind and the other is the Mindbody Prescription.  I read them both and they give you hope.  I would suggest that you read them.

Feel well and let us know how everything goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
i can't go on like this anymore, i want to go private for an MRI. Has anyone done this and if so how do you get a referral, this has gone on far too long and i can't accept or believe it's anxiety till i've been checked.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
You dont have to have a referral for a private mri most of the time. There is a mri/ct place where i live and you can go get one just because.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: