Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: head pain on top right and numbness with pins and needles in right hand  (Read 198 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help please!

I went to bed last night with head pain on top right of my head, a pushing type of head pain, getting comfy in bed, my husband had his arm round me, I was lying on my left side and my right arm was on the top of his, just level with underneath of my armpit, starting to fall asleep when I suddenly get a very strong numbness and pins and needles in my right hand, thumb and fingers - I suddenly jumped up moved my hand and it went back to normal within a minute.

Does this now signify a brain problem?????? I would understand if I was lying on that side, but I wasn't, I was lying on the other side of my body so it wasn't squashed!

Now I am focusing on my right hand and tingles!!!!

Any help would be great, trying not to get swallowed in my anxiety pit!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: head pain on top right and numbness with pins and needles in right hand
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »
Considering you were lying down on your side, and not upright.... your right hand would technically be above your heart, since gravity is pushing down... considering that your hand was on top of his arm It would still cause pins and needles from slight loss of circulation. especially with the weight of your arm pressing down onto his arm (surface area is different than if it were just resting on your side). even taking into consideration that his arm was at armpit level with you, that's your whole length of an arm at a slight decline, still being the highest point of your body.

That's not a doctors diagnosis... but I just imagine myself in the situation (not with your husband cuddling me) but I'd think my arm would go tingly too.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »
I concur with potatoes theory. Haha I also pictured my own hubby even though he would have been the first one moving to make a move.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »
Thank you so much for your replies.

I am trying really hard to come here before google to avoid my anxiety grabbing me under the water again - just bobbing!

I hate how things are always seem worse in the night, although my hand has been a little tingly today or is my imagination running wild??

Thanks again
Bookmark and Share

Tags: