Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 3 Months of crap, Today being the worst... Now chest hurts  (Read 175 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
3 Months of crap, Today being the worst... Now chest hurts
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »
Its been 3 months of nothing but bad crap. I can't remember the last time I had a happy day, let alone a happy moment. Today is really bad. I can't stop crying, my xanax is not helping even though I took more than I should have. Now my chest feels like there is a 1000lb weight on it.

Do I go to the hospital even though I have no insurance, or do I stick it out? I've never been the type to run to the er with mental problems but I just don't know what to do.... HELP?
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: 3 Months of crap, Today being the worst... Now chest hurts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
Well you need help. That much is certain. But I don't think a visit to ER will change anything at all. You have to try and sort out why you are feeling as you are. That might mean the help of a therapist. To deal with the actual problems rather than just the symptoms. I know it can be hard. When it seems like nothing is ever going to go right. But that will all change with the right type of help. I gather with no insurance you couldn't afford a therapist? Self help books can be good. But based on the state you are in right now, you may find it hard to even work from a self help book. But it is an option if you are willing to push yourself and do the exercises the book will ask you to do. Amazon has a lot of good books. So you could try and be your own therapist. Putting your problems down on paper and trying to work through them. Just a suggestion.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Re: 3 Months of crap, Today being the worst... Now chest hurts
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

Apparently I was getting a cold that settled in my chest. All my other colds started in my head before moving to my chest. So at least now I know why my chest hurt!

I have bought myself a workbook called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Dummies. I am slowly working my way through the book. I am photo coping the worksheets and putting them in a 3 ring binder so that I can go back and do them again and again. I have skipped a few of the worksheets, but I refuse to let myself read a new chapter until I go back and do the worksheets. I choose to do it when my husband is not around because I don't want/need him asking me what is wrong if I start crying. (He is currently unemployed, but will start his new job the last week of this month). So, unfortunately, its a slow going.

I figure if I go back to therapy after we get insurance back, I can take my notebook with me and show them how far I have worked.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: