Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Peeing alot anxiety  (Read 231 times)

Offline richo123

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Peeing alot anxiety
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
I have had this problem for months where I will pee a lot, my doctor thinks its anxiety because I do suffer from anxiety and has give me a antidepressant for it. Just wondered if anyone else can relate because I think I do urinate more when I am anxious but sometimes I get the urge even though I don't need it, could this all be anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Peeing alot anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:30 AM »
Yes, indeed . . . my doc explained it this way . . . .when folks, like us have anxiety and it does not have to be a big episode of anxiety, it triggers the fight or flight reaction . . . . part of this is for the body to make itself as light as possible and that includes emptying the bladder . . . I had the same issue and as I came to manage my anxiety better, the need to pee lessened . . . . I am not against meds but I would recommend to working with a counsellor to identify the root causes of the anxiety and deal with them . . .the meds can help with the symptoms, but the counselor can help with the triggers . . . .so, yes, indeed . . . if the doctor has ruled out any physical reasons, anxiety could be the cause . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: