Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Tonsillectomy  (Read 87 times)

Offline skywizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tonsillectomy
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:12:05 AM »
So i've been moaning about my tonsils for a while here and finally the solution is in sight. I was seen today by my ENT and an ENT that specializes in oncology and the guy that specializes in oncology said and i quote: "huge tonsils, almost kissing, for the rest a wonderful throat and no its not cancer, that's in your mind". Coincidentally i got another bout of tonsillitis yesterday, which is kind of lucky because the oncology guy obviously noted this and asked me how often did i get infections. So i said, well in the last 6 months this would be the 4th time to which he and my ENT looked at each other and replied well lets get them out then. Operation scheduled for 24th of february, i have an appt. with anesthesiolist today.

P.S. My ent said he will send them for a biopsy, which he said in my case would not be necessary but since to give me a peace of mind he will do it anyway, i had a moment there when i thought maybe he suspects something afterall but i guess, hope xD, im just being paranoid.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tonsillectomy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:43:45 AM »
See how much we can worry over nothing? This should all put your mind at ease. That is all he is trying to do for you. Give you peace of mind. Now you have to accept the results. No second guessing the experts. Let them do their job. Just be happy it is not anything serious.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:18:48 AM »
When my niece was a kid, she had inflamed tonsils regularly. It just happens with some people. The doctor is just being thorough.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »
Physicians can pretty much tell if something is cancer, so I would not worry.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: