Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please Help Brown Phlegm  (Read 126 times)

Offline Dario87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please Help Brown Phlegm
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:20:24 AM »
Hi Guys i am new to this site. I have been trying to deal with Health Anxiety for a few months now and its driving me crazy. I would like to ask a question if anyone can help. For the last few weeks i have been coughing up brown phlegm throughout the day. I am a 27yo male and i am a smoker i have been smoking since i was in my late teens. I went to see the doctor about it a couple of weeks ago and she said it could be an iinfection, Smokers cough or even though i am young she wanted to rule out cancer so she sent me to get a chest x ray. I was so scared i really didnt want to go it took me 3 days to convince myself to get the xray. I got the results back and i got the all clear my lungs were clear and my heart was a normal size. I am still coughing up brown phlegm on a daily basis. Any ideas? It gets me down i know i should quit smoking and i plan to i go overseas on a hiliday in 2 weeks and i told myself i would quit when i come back?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please Help Brown Phlegm
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
Hello and welcome to Anxiety Zone  :action-smiley-065:!

Sorry, I do not have any ideas, never was a smoker either. Just wonder if your doctor doesn't have further ideas? Was the infection ruled out also?

Hope you're all well soon!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please Help Brown Phlegm
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
my husband was a smoker and had brown phlegm.  He quit in 2009 or so.  I don't know if he still gets it, but I guess it's from all the gunk in the lungs.  You know how if you wiped a ceiling in a room full of smokers it would be brown?  I guess the lungs are like that.  When you quit they should clean out (my husband no longer coughs for 10 minutes every morning!  So his lungs must have cleared up)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Brown Phlegm