Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Well This Is Weird (Not Panicking Too Bad Yet).  (Read 118 times)

Offline bengalsreds20

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well This Is Weird (Not Panicking Too Bad Yet).
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
So a couple of weeks ago I had this huge knot just swell up on the back of my head.  It came out of nowhere and the swelling was nearly the size of a baseball.  I went to the doctor for that and he said it was a sebaceous cyst.  Got put on an antibiotic for it and it eventually drained itself out and was gone in about 5 days.  So today I was getting my dinner when I got home from school and all of a sudden I felt kind of this stabbing pain in my left shoulder.  It kind of just felt like a really bad cramp that you get when you run.  So I sat down for a few minutes and the pain went away.  So I was laying in my bed and in that exact same spot that I got the pain there is a huge knot.  It's probably like the size of a golf ball.  It kind of feels exactly like the knot on the back of my head did a few weeks ago.  I'm almost positive it was not there this morning or I would have felt it when I took a shower because you know with this anxiety thing I'm always checking myself and stuff.  It just kind of appeared out of nowhere like my cyst on my head did.  I'm just wondering if it's the same type of thing and why all of a sudden I'm just getting huge cysts that appear out of nowhere?  I do have terrible acne on my back and there is some small acne surrounding the knot.  It's just weird and freaking me out why this stuff is happening to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Well This Is Weird (Not Panicking Too Bad Yet).
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:58:44 PM »
Sounds like you pulled a muscle bad and its inflamed. Try ice, then heat, see if the swelling goes down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Well This Is Weird (Not Panicking Too Bad Yet).
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
So just wanted to update, went to the doctors this afternoon and I told them what happened.  They do think it is the same exact thing I had on my head and I've got another sebaceous cyst on my left shoulder.  I've also heard that they can just keep coming back for no apparent reason.  Also what they're going to do is put me on the same antibiotic that I had last time and also a nose cream as well.  The medicine I'm going to take is for Staph infection but they said it's not guaranteed that I have it but it could be so they're putting me on the nose cream as well this time to try and kill the bacteria.  So this is kind of worrying a little knowing that I could have MRSA and also with the fact that I could keep on getting these cysts over and over again.  They told me that it's not ready to bust yet because it's still a little hard but it's more liquidy feeling than last night so I hope it's going to just bust already, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: