Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Attack Symptoms are Terroizing Me  (Read 393 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Heart Attack Symptoms are Terroizing Me
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
Today was even worse than yesterday. It started an hour after lunch, I ate a little bit [donuts and part of a sandwich with fruit and chocolate milk] and then in the middle of history class, my breathing *slowed* down. I tried to relax, I got chest pressure, short chest pains, felt like my breathing was slow and that I might throw up. I literally felt the air get cold, despite being in a hot room, my muscles tensed up. I was literally terrified. I thought that it would end after math class. I've been bloated and burping for a bit too, and my stomach was in pain and I could taste my food coming up, it's been awful. I continued to be anxious, and even after taking a short walk. Being on the bus was a disaster. I could literally feel myself almost stop breathing, I froze, and almost called 911. I have no health insurance at the moment, and I felt like I was gonna stop breathing. I came home literally bawling my eyes in front of my mom and having upper chest pressure and I felt like I ruined her day, she was so happy.

I'm 16 years old and currently menstruating. I'm dizzy today as well. I tried talking myself out of it and I kept freaking out for three hours, especially because of the nausea and chest warmth and nervousness I had. Sitting down makes me breathe too slowly. :( I need help for HA but meds and therapy never helped.

Help? This has gone on for 3-4 hours and I'm terrified that because of how long it's been going on, it's a heart attack.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Attack Symptoms are Terroizing Me
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »
Help? :( i am terrified :/
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:18:45 PM »
No sign of heart attack...severe anxiety sure with a little hyper acidity which could explain burping, bloating and stomach pain...or it's all anxiety.

RELAX!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »
Everytime I try to relax, the panic symptoms set in again and i FREAK. totally freak out, which is why I have been in PANIC mode.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
I read somewhere good technique for those who are afraid of heart attack frequently. When you feel you are having a heart attack, start doing jumping jacks. Do 20-30 of them. You can't do jumping jacks and have heart attack, so that should calm you down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
Anxiety gives me GERD so that would explain the burping up food taste and just the burping and pains in general. All the rest sounds to me like anxiety, nothing else, no heart issues. I promise! For as many years that I felt those symptoms daily, I'd be dead. I know that telling you not to worry won't work, but get yourself some good acid reflux meds like Nexium or Zantac and take it for at least a month. That will take care of the anxiety-related GERD. One less thing to worry about. ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
I'm terrified of my Heart Attack symptoms, too.
I've gone to the ER so many times with chest pressure, chest pains, numbness, breathlessness, headache, etc.
I've even had my whole left side go suddenly and completely numb/tingly!! Talk about terrified....
And that has happened to me 3 times....each time resulting in an ER visit and the doctor telling me, "There's nothing wrong with you."
Yeah, someone forgot to tell my body that....
Anxiety sucks....but it is what you have.
Sweetie, you have to truly accept the diagnoses, relax, and try to learn techniques that will help you.
I know that it's all easier said than done...believe me, I truly know...but work on it daily.
Baby steps  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:39 PM »
Plus, that time of the month usually magnifies our anxiety and it's physical symptoms immensely.
Sip on some calming tea and read a book, or do whatever else to distract yourself.
You will be fine  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
I'm terrified of my Heart Attack symptoms, too.
I've gone to the ER so many times with chest pressure, chest pains, numbness, breathlessness, headache, etc.
I've even had my whole left side go suddenly and completely numb/tingly!! Talk about terrified....
And that has happened to me 3 times....each time resulting in an ER visit and the doctor telling me, "There's nothing wrong with you."
Yeah, someone forgot to tell my body that....
Anxiety sucks....but it is what you have.
Sweetie, you have to truly accept the diagnoses, relax, and try to learn techniques that will help you.
I know that it's all easier said than done...believe me, I truly know...but work on it daily.
Baby steps  :winking0008:

Anxiety attacks really suck...I keep getting the pains in my left arm, coming and going and the worst part is the dizziness and breathing issues [slow-ow breath!]. *hugs* I keep trying every minute.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
I get this quite often.
The Panic is something that I never get used to.It is always different too.
I have costochindritis too so that just adds to the confusion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:57:43 PM »
I read somewhere good technique for those who are afraid of heart attack frequently. When you feel you are having a heart attack, start doing jumping jacks. Do 20-30 of them. You can't do jumping jacks and have heart attack, so that should calm you down.
I will try this, thank you! I was doing some walking and felt like I wasn't getting enough air in, and I am currently dealing with chest pressure again and not getting enough air in.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:48 PM »
Anxiety can feel like a heart but it sounds like you had panic attack mixed with heartburn.
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »
When I have heartburn, it feels like my chest had a blowtorch lit to it. I keep having anxiety.

EDIT: Well, I did the jumping jacks. A lot of them. It felt good to do them but when I got finished with one set, I literally felt air go back into my chest and when I coughed, my chest squeezed and my heart was pounding. :( After doing them, I felt like the air in my stomach was gone, only to go back into my chest. :( This makes me even more wary.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »
Well, I did the jumping jacks. A lot of them. It felt good to do them

You can't have a heart attack and feeling good while doing jumping jacks. You have a panic attack, that's why symptoms started as soon as you stopped doing them. Remember to breath properly while doing jumping jacks. Don't hold your breath.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Matteus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »
Good luck, theelt.    You are not alone.  I'm 40 and male but I experienced some of the same things you have and I'm still here.  Just try to keep calm and remember that you are not alone.  I really hope you start to feel better soon. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: