Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Going the "natural" way  (Read 298 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Going the "natural" way
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
I have tried so many "natural" remedies that its just not funny. I've tried tea, rescue remedy, Panic button, Badger Balm stress relief, and lots of peppermint. None of that seems to help.

Anyone have any other ideas or things that you have tried that do seem to work for you????
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going the "natural" way
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 06:11:49 PM »
Anyone have any other ideas or things that you have tried that do seem to work for you????

The only 'natural' treatments with a good track record for mild to moderate anxiety are Omega-3/fish oil and exercise. For more severe anxiety both diazepam (Valium) or lorazepam (Ativan) are usually very effective, though I don't recommend them as primary, taken daily, meds. Antidepressants are the better long-term option. The cognitive and/or behavioral and/or mindfulness therapies can be as effective as antidepressants.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Gayandgray

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »
I've found aromatherapy pretty helpful, believe it or not. I mixed up a small bottle of lavender spray and use it at work. Also Hylands nerve tonic helps. I won't get my health insurance until summer so I can't afford a doc right now. Trying natural stuff till then to help me cope. I heard of something called Happy Camper but I need to research it.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:03 AM »
The natural way can work, at least in my experience. It can be a bumpy road that I accept. It will also demand time, effort, patience, and consistency. With CBT, journaling, a variety of exercise, and daily meditation, I am rewarded with some nice days.

Plus, I actually enjoy the process. Also use aromatherapy. During meditation I add an open little bottle of lavender oil. Pleasant and soothing. If we moderate our expectations we can make progress. That may not be true for everyone, but is true for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: