Anxiety Zone is currently seeking one additional Moderator to assist with the management of the chat room and forum. Whichever position is preferred, moderation abilities are "global" and so it will be possible to moderate both the chat room and forum at any time.
Being a Moderator is an important responsibility that requires patience, maturity and people skills. Since Moderators represent the site itself, it is vitally important that they set a good example for other members and assist them when issues arise as well as keeping the chat room safe and free of spam, vulgar language, trolling, harassment and other inappropriate behavior and/or content. Being a Moderator is a volunteer position. Thank you in advance for your service and dedication to the community!
Moderators are appointed based on a number of criteria:
All types of Moderators should...
* Greet new members and make them feel welcome
* Possess good verbal/communication and people skills.
* Be fair, impartial, reasonable, measured, consistent and open-minded.
* Be professional and courteous at all times.
* Be active on the forums or chat rooms on a daily basis.
* Be able to moderate for at least a few hours each day.
* Check new posts needing approval each day.
* Have a friendly, compassionate, supportive disposition.
* Be dependable, responsible and trustworthy.
* Be mature, level-headed and a "hands-on" type of person.
* Be ambitious, motivated and results-oriented.
* Be a good example/role model for other Anxiety Zone members
* Respect other member's privacy (this includes the privacy of any/all administrators, Moderators and members). Use the PM system to discuss sensitive information and only discuss it with the person entitled to know about it.
* Be willing to deal with spam, solicitations, diffuse/mediate/de-escalate disputes (when they arise) and play an active role in YOUR community here.
* Be a "team player", willing to keep in touch and collaborate with staff and other Moderators here as the need arises using the various tools available.
* Have been an active member for 2 months or longer.
If you are interested in giving back and playing an active role here by generously volunteering your time and people skills, please PM GreyGoose
or respond via this thread. Please include a little information about yourself, what you think you can contribute as a Moderator, which position you are primarily interested in and why you are interested in the position.
- Thanks in advance for your interest, Sincerely, GreyGoose